Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New 18/19 Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Griggs wrote:
Do we know where the epicenter of this snowfall is going to be?

ICON says west, GEM says south, UKMO, FV3 and JMA are more east, ECM south west and GFS goes north, east, then south.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Griggs, this is out to +240 on GFS 12z. Obviously treat with a bit of a pinch of salt at this stage.

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In comparison here is ECM 12z sitting a bit further south.

https://img1.kachelmannwetter.com/images/data/cache/model/download_model-de-310-1_modez_2019032612_240_16_294.png
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you for the heads up - watching this with interest as off to Les Arcs on Sunday !
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Let's hope it comes forwards a few days so I get some fresh snow but can still get to Geneva on the 4th April! Although the roads are warmer this time of year and the sun stronger so hopefully should all be ok unless it dumps into the evening of the 4th with cold temps....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
GFS 00z out to +240 has an eastern focus this morning.

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ECM meanwhile would have it focussed much more to the south and west.

Which just goes to show that there is some way yet still to go before there is much clarity.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nozawaonsen wrote:
GFS 00z out to +240 has an eastern focus this morning.

Base on where I am going for Easter - I am hoping for this outcome Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The 6z appears to have backed off the snowfall hugely, still time for a comeback I guess!

@nozawaonsen, where do you get the total accumulation graphic from? I can't see it from the dropdown here:

http://www2.wetter3.de/animation_dt.html
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@kitenski, yes it's all gone South, metaphorically speaking that is rolling eyes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kitenski wrote:
The 6z appears to have backed off the snowfall hugely, still time for a comeback I guess!

@nozawaonsen, where do you get the total accumulation graphic from? I can't see it from the dropdown here:

http://www2.wetter3.de/animation_dt.html

Isn't it the last option "Schneefallgrenze,Schneedecke"?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
18z is back in the game Cool
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
GFS and ECM 00zs offering very different scenarios for end of next week

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Locals in obergurgl are confident of decent snowfalls next week but think it will warm up quickly again soon after. If I could square it with the boss i'd be back out next Saturday.

Conditions at the minute are good on piste not getting too slushy except the bottom runs into hochgurgl.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@snowheads68, classic GFS bias to the east. But even still quite a stark difference at just 6-7 days out.

ECM picked up the anomalies 10 days out, and is still sticking to its guns, just. UKMO never really interested in anything dramatic. So I guess we'll see a little snow along N and E flanks, as the odds favour a halfway house, with flabby low pressure.
snow conditions
I don't think I can recall seeing forecast accumulations/days of the week etc come and go so much

In the meantime doing a LOT of touring, and skiing some cracking Spring snow
snow conditions
Snow now showing back in the forecast for Tues-Thursday over France.

It’s been coming and going like a yo-yo. Hoping the forecast is finally settling down and there will be snow ⛄️ next week!!
snow conditions
EC monthly indicates a dry Eastern in Northern Europe, stretching all the way down to Alps. All low activity deep south in the Med. Should be good touring and slush skiing after some precipitation next week and possible the week before Eastern. It is still early , though.......
latest report
Stinkpickle wrote:
Snow now showing back in the forecast for Tues-Thursday over France.

It’s been coming and going like a yo-yo. Hoping the forecast is finally settling down and there will be snow ⛄️ next week!!

Followed by sun the following week? I have a feeling that might be too much to ask.. wink
snow conditions
@Stinkpickle, GFS has indeed backtracked the low about 1000miles to the west. Almost the entire ensemble group wrong footed, as the model approaches retirement soon.

Looks like the low pressure could hang around for more than a few days so maybe end up with widespread snowfall.

Stunning conditions this morning on mont chery, softening corduroy, super quiet, light fresh wind and endless blue sky
ski holidays
Given the below (for Val Thorens) has been showing flat as a pancake of late - I am hoping this possible longer period of more disruptive weather pans out - as going on the EOSB hoping this tops up the snow somewhat.

ski holidays
@Drew Carey, yikes! That’s a lot of potential snow. Personally I’m not hoping for it to pan out - a nice top up next week would be welcome but hoping for blue skies after that.

Our family skiing trip at Easter is all about sunshine not whiteouts!! wink
ski holidays
@Handy Turnip, I don't read that as "alot" more bits and pieces, April showers Smile
snow report
Agreed - that to me just looks like extended showers. But at least that is better than nothing. Should hopefully result in a few more generous falls of snow amongst a generally unsettled period.
ski holidays
I want afternoon Magnums of Rose no bloody hot choc
ski holidays
@kitenski, @Drew Carey, April showers sounds perfect! Cheers for the clarification Very Happy

@Rob Mackley, haha.. true!
ski holidays
Snow coming next week.

Some parts of the southern French Alps have not seen snow for a month.
snow report
April’s here. Snorkels out

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BobinCH wrote:
April’s here. Snorkels out

Powder board more like snowHead
snow report
Central CH Shocked

snow report
That's some spike!
latest report
https://www.bergfex.com/saas-fee/wetter/prognose Shocked
ski holidays
@hd, hmmm.
latest report
And for La Grave* where it's the Derby Wed - Fri

I'll be happy with half of that Cool

And in an hour or so (just letting it warm up some more) we're out on the road bikes, cycling up Nevache.

Yesterday was in Italy and so many cyclists out, all in shorts, and then next week return to winter.

*ironically Skiers Lodge closes this weekend!
snow conditions
hd wrote:
https://www.bergfex.com/saas-fee/wetter/prognose Shocked

302 cm? What am I missing here? Outrageous rainfall lower down?
latest report
@BobinCH, looks like I might be getting very lucky for a long Swiss weekend from Thursday Very Happy

I've been trying not to get excited since this started appearing. Addicted to refreshing the ensembles every 6 hours rolling eyes Good to see that the warming straight after the dump is forecast to be less extreme than it was
snow report
Still great spring snow and old settled powder to be found around Innsbruck, especially on shaded north faces. Bunch more snow forecast around the 4th April too.
snow report
Very cold wind blowing up the lift lines in La rosiere, very cold lifts and pistes not softened. retreating back la thuile
snow conditions
Looking like the 3V may get some snow this week? wondering about a cheeky late last min trip that's all.
snow conditions
blacksheep wrote:
Looking like the 3V may get some snow this week? wondering about a cheeky late last min trip that's all.

Yup, looks like a top up hitting Wednesday into Thursday this week. The below is for Val Thorens. To give an indication of amounts - possibly around 50cms at peaks, 25-30cms at resort level. Obviously may be far less, or far more - no-one knows.

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy