Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 3 Vallées 2018/19 - Courchevel, Meribel, Val Thorens etc etc etc

Poster: A snowHead
Arrived for a week in St Martin - not skied today but enjoying the beer on the balcony in 16 degrees and wall to wall sunshine. Wish I had packed the shorts!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seen in Meribel Smile

[url=]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157308053833826&set=a.10151270154543826&type=3&theater&ifg=1[/url]
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Warm warm warm the last couple of days but still good cold snow to be had if you go for a short walk, and reasonable spring snow with the right timing (again if you can get away from the old tracks).

Pistes in pretty good condition and it was very quiet today - almost deserted this afternoon!

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Mike S,

Photoshop hoax.

No footprints between the letters rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bergmeister wrote:
@Mike S,

Photoshop hoax.

I don't know, you could jump from letter to letter...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Meribel today:
Colder than I expected, so the pistes were generally very hard, a lot of thawed stuff over the last few days got well refrozen and was consequently polished and hard.
Until the sudden transition to soupy slush in fully sun-facing areas.

Strangely there was almost zero transition zone...it was either very hard, or very soft.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Aleutian wrote:
Bergmeister wrote:
@Mike S,

Photoshop hoax.

I don't know, you could jump from letter to letter...

I can confirm it is no hoax...
Between P6 and P7 on Cote Brune. An easy stride between letters by the looks of it - would have taken a piccy but it was baltic and only saw it at last minute...!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I can confirm no hoax...saw it myself on Saturday.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very impressive if that's the case! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Someone has added a DON'T but it has been crossed through
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
deleted
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Courcheval today...my first time in that valley.

Snow much nicer than yesterday at Meribel.
It is firm (but not hard) and in places slushy (but not soupy).
I preferred the overall terrain...Merribel is so wide open, such huge wide motorway pistes,,,so dull.
Courcheval seems much more interesting.
If the snow had been fresh there is so much inviting off-piste readily available too....but it was not fresh, in fact was horrible off piste!

Some cliches are true....lots of Russians and the restaurant we stopped at for just a drink was really expensive, even by my normal Verbier standards!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/data/500/medium/IMG_20190316_093006.jpg

We've only been skiing since 2015, and this is my all time fave pic- android phone on Roc de Fer enroute St Martins, 17th March.

CG

PS too dull to actually import the pic Puzzled
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
does anyone know if there is any snow forecast in the Three Valleys in the next 2 weeks? I am starting to get a little worried. We fly out to Meribel on 7th April
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@polo99, the pistes are going to be fantastic.
It won't be at all crowded.

Off piste needs snow.

What do you need?

P.S. You are going to be there in mid April....what exactly were you expecting?
latest report
@polo99, i am in 1650 right now. Amazing snow.
Everything in the morning is frozen, sharpen your edges. It gets softer hour by hour and the lower you get. You'll have enough high pistes to reach in Meribel area/Val Tho. Go there after 11.
Skiing down to Meribel centre at 14 was slushy but still fun. At 16 (after Folie Douce) it was extremely watery with the ground exposed for the last hundred meters. Better take the gondola for downloading.
Even without easily reaching for VT you will enjoy Mount Valon and Saulire.
latest report
@polo99, it is looking more unstable from tuesday onwards.

Pistes in great condition currently and it has been very quiet.

Off piste if you can get away from where people have skied there is perfect spring snow to be had with the right timing - we had an 800m vert run of perfect corn this lunchtime:

snow report
@rungsp, I guess I am just worried as there doesn't seem to be any snow forecast and there hasn't been a lot of snow for a while. I don't what to expect as I have never been skiing in April. We just need cruisey blues, only ON piste.
@drporat, thank you. we are staying in Meribel Mottaret
@offpisteskiing, when you say "unstable" do you mean snow is forecast? There are so many forecasts every single one is different. some have said wall to wall sunshine, some have said 16cm of snow, some have said rain. As I have never been Easter skiing, will it still be as quiet? or once the UK schools are off for Easter is everyone and their granny on the slopes?
latest report
polo99 wrote:
@rungsp, I guess I am just worried as there doesn't seem to be any snow forecast and there hasn't been a lot of snow for a while. I don't what to expect as I have never been skiing in April. We just need cruisey blues, only ON piste.

Skiiing on piste won't be an issue.

polo99 wrote:
@offpisteskiing, when you say "unstable" do you mean snow is forecast? There are so many forecasts every single one is different. some have said wall to wall sunshine, some have said 16cm of snow, some have said rain.

He means the weather will become unstable so there is more likelihood of snow.

polo99 wrote:
As I have never been Easter skiing, will it still be as quiet? or once the UK schools are off for Easter is everyone and their granny on the slopes?

It is guaranteed to be fairly quiet, late season is just never that popular for various reasons.
snow conditions
@polo99, Meribel itself could well be a little dodgy, but, on either side, Courchevel and Val Thorens, will almost certainly still be brill... You only then have to maybe worry about the ski back to Meribel at the end of the day... though, even then, some routes will be better than others... or, at worst, take the gondola back down.. Have fun!
snow report
@polo99, Mottaret is a good base to get lifts either way to pistes that tend to be in better condition late season.

Val Thorens and over the back towards Orelle one way. The pistes above Courchevel 1850 the other way. La Masse, near Les Menuires often good, though more reds than cruisy blues.
Not sure Mt Vallon would suit, generally quite challenging.

The lower Meribel valley and the south facing slopes of Les Menuires most at risk of getting heavy going and slushy.

In mid April last year we skied the whole area early in the week, in sunny conditions, no problem. Several morning runs right down to St Martin de Belleville on Jerusalem piste. After a few days of warm sun, stuck to the Val Tho zone.

Enjoy snowHead
latest report
drporat wrote:
@polo99,
Skiing down to Meribel centre at 14 was slushy but still fun. At 16 (after Folie Douce) it was extremely watery

What age are you now? Puzzled
latest report
I'm going to be in Meribel for a fortnight from 6 April with the family. Likely doing green runs most of the time but would be on for something more ambitious if there is anyone else about.
snow report
gorilla - I'm over in VT that week so could meet up as like you will have daughter with me but she is in lessons 9-1:30 and I will get a day out as well.
snow report
Epic piste conditions in VT for last couple of days. Skied with friends in Les Menuires where there is a three hour sweet spot between hard morning and slushy afternoon pistes. But VT great for the whole day. Bit more high cloud and wind today than yesterday.
snow report
Agreed, absolutely superb pistes in great shape and a sprinkle of snow forecast for later in the week.

Mottaret was boiling at 3pm today, but snow holding up amazingly well. Mont Valon and VT area both grand today. North facing slopes still in superb nick. What a great last couple of days we've had. Looking forward to cloud cover and rumours of 10cm of so on Thursday.

Very pleased to see the lift company are still innovating too...

http://youtube.com/v/QrWJv07ebBk
latest report
Am in Val tho now. Pistes are fabulous. Firm in the morning but not excessively icy. Soften as the day goes on.

Light snow this afternoon and snow forecast all day tomorrow and Thursday with a heavy dump Wednesday night.

Fab conditions. Very happy.
latest report
We will be staying in mottaret from Sunday, which is the best direction to go so it's not too icy? Not sure which pistes are north facing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowing hard in VT since lunchtime, and 15-20 cm in Les Menuires according to friends there. Looking forward to tomorrow morning when it’s been bashed. Windy but snow sticking on the pistes.
snow report
There's only a few cm accumulated in Val Thorens so far but there are some pleasant little wind blown stashes off the side of Peclet runs and it's due to come down for the next 20 hours or so.

Very windy up top, lots of links closed, and avvy risk up from 2 to 3. Could be a fun day but with low viz.
ski holidays
Sounds like perfectly timed snow for our Easter trip
latest report
Surprised if 20c. In les menuires. About 5 cm in Val Thorens.
latest report
We've had a stunning week and I think next week will be brilliant too weather wise.

Apart from great conditions for the time of year, hghlights were;

Welcomed to the hotel by a lovely gent who helped us to our reception with the bags. Turns out he's the exec director of the group. Brilliant warm welcome at the resort.

My 6 year old leading me through the mini snow park (after refusing to ski last year!).

The magic carpet was closed today so the resort sent snowmobiles out to get the kids back up after the lesson. Queue one extremely excited boy arriving back, having been allowed to hold the handlebars!
latest report
Looking at the weather reports it looks like the main dump will come overnight.
latest report
Looks very snowy on the main run through VT possibly 25cm. Trouble is can only see 50 yards very low cloud. Shame it’s our last day.
snow report
It's still dumping with snow in Val Thorens Very Happy

It should be rather good when the storm clears...
snow report
Here's a scientific measure of the overnight snow at Reberty 2000 (Les Menuires)

latest report
Great to see the new snow, we’ll be heading to Reberty in a couple of days.

But now I’m getting worried about road conditions! We’re flying to Geneva and renting a car. It won’t have winter tyres (Avis don’t provide them after 1st April), but we have the option of bringing chains if we ask for them on pick-up. I presume that would be wise?

Advice would be appreciated, as I’m not too sure what to expect as far as road conditions go.
snow report
And the snow in VT is falling nearer to the vertical than the horizontal unlike yesterday afternoon.
ski holidays
Otherworld wrote:
We’re flying to Geneva and renting a car. It won’t have winter tyres (Avis don’t provide them after 1st April), but we have the option of bringing chains if we ask for them on pick-up. I presume that would be wise?

Forecast is for clear and sunny tomorrow so that should mean all the roads are cleared. Saturday looks clear of snow until much later in the day and even then it's just a few cm's forecast.

I would say you will be OK without chains.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy