Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 3 Vallées 2018/19 - Courchevel, Meribel, Val Thorens etc etc etc

Poster: A snowHead
Is the Ceme Caron still closed? If so what is the reason? Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Ptspeak, yes but you can get a tow behind a piste machine up to the top of combe caron black from where the new red meets the piste coming from funitel Grand Fond...
Back in Jan there was a storm which left serious icing on the lifts, word on the street is they ran the cable car before it been properly de-iced and did some damage which needs a big repair this summer - reassuringly they weren't allowed to do a 'temporary fix'...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ptspeak wrote:
Is the Ceme Caron still closed? If so what is the reason? Thanks.

They ran it earlier in the season with too much ice on the cables. They will replace the cables this summer.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
out of interest how much is an early bird season lift pass in the 3 valleys?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@offpisteskiing,
Is that cure on second pic .... if not where ??????
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@PBJ, one of the aiguille du fruit's 'hidden' couloirs...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PBJ glad you enjoyed the session.
Here is a photo of you making those tracks...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mother hucker wrote:
out of interest how much is an early bird season lift pass in the 3 valleys?

No early bird discounts in the three valleys.
Season pass this year was around 1300 Euro.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@snowrider,
Friday ... here we go !
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@offpisteskiing, cheers looks awesome !!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
offpisteskiing wrote:
@Ptspeak, yes but you can get a tow behind a piste machine up to the top of combe caron black from where the new red meets the piste coming from funitel Grand Fond...

Which piste from Grand Fond? Falaise?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thanks @offpisteskiing Your photos are amazing looks like a great day today. Hope you're battening down the hatches for tomorrow's forecast!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Few cm last night and can now see a bit of blue sky ... not what we were expecting ... plenty of cloud around too but looking good
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Skied some great powder around Val Thorens this morning, visibility was mediocre to good. Powder over the boots is a lovely feeling Very Happy

Then I mistook a snow covered rock for merely a pile of snow and have done something horrible to my ankle, so the day has ended a bit early Sad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
30cm of porridge ... bummer
latest report
The snow is quite heavy. Seems every nice storm in the alps ends in rain or heavy snow.
ski holidays
Drove up from St M to VT this morning. Very glad we did. The vis was a bit pants at time and it was windy, but the snow was good. Over knee deep and heavy off piste, which, combined with the variable visibility meant my one attempt to ski it ended with me on my backside. Driven back down now as the vis got progressively foggy. The temperature has gone up, and a slight drizzle is falling from just below VT and beyond. We’ve abandoned skiing for the day - don’t envy those low down in the mush and/or compressed wet snow.
snow conditions
Not the best day for off piste session !
Avi 4 and poor viz ... lots of technique practice !
Still an enjoyable session and just stopped for late lunch
Hoping for sun tomorrow
snow conditions
In Courchevel yesterday. It was probably the worst snow conditions after a large snowfall I've ever seen. Very wet and heavy.
latest report
@PBJ, @Ptspeak, yep - top 100m off Vizelle/Saulire was OK, Tovets down to 1550 was smooth soft spring slush, pretty much everything else was variations of porridge (and that was just the piste!).
Blue skies and today and due to be cooler in next day or two so hopefully we will come back to some semblance of a skiable snowpack!!
ski holidays
What a difference a night makes !
Snow loads better after a coldish night
Went to orelle for morning - the off pist snow was pretty damn good given what we were expecting.
Back for a sunny lunch in la Tania now
snow report

orelle
snow report
Crossing the Atlantic after an up and down weather week in 3V. Yesterday was very pleasant in VT. Meribel seemed to be losing snow cover at a rapid rate on the more sun exposed slopes. Were I to come back, I would not stay in Courchevel but rather Meribel or VT.
snow report
Ptspeak wrote:
Were I to come back, I would not stay in Courchevel but rather Meribel or VT.

Why? And where were you staying in Courch?
snow conditions
Layne wrote:
Ptspeak wrote:

An Airbnb by the gondola. My adult children were with me and they wanted a little more nightlife, pub style. The place we stayed was nice but small for 6 adults. It's a really nice ski area, and it's maybe a bit of an unfair statement since the days we skied Courchevel were the whiteout days. Chanroussa looked really nice but it was closed a couple of days when I planned to go up. I really enjoyed VT and had a couple of sunny days over there. I will also say that on Saturday, while Meribel was struggling with slush, the snow in Courchevel was very good. As I type this, I'd say if I brought my wife I'd stay in courchevel again, and if I were with my kids, I'd stay in Meribel for bars and central location.
ski holidays
Ptspeak wrote:
Layne wrote:
Ptspeak wrote:

An Airbnb by the gondola. My adult children were with me and they wanted a little more nightlife, pub style. The place we stayed was nice but small for 6 adults. It's a really nice ski area, and it's maybe a bit of an unfair statement since the days we skied Courchevel were the whiteout days. Chanroussa looked really nice but it was closed a couple of days when I planned to go up. I really enjoyed VT and had a couple of sunny days over there. I will also say that on Saturday, while Meribel was struggling with slush, the snow in Courchevel was very good. As I type this, I'd say if I brought my wife I'd stay in courchevel again, and if I were with my kids, I'd stay in Meribel for bars and central location.

Ah, makes more sense. I made an assumption the statement was purely related to the skiing.
snow report
@Ptspeak, oh dear we are heading to méribel in 3 weeks. I hope there's some snow left!
ski holidays
I think if you're there for motorway skiing its hard to beat mottaret. Zero atmosphere but bang at those two lifts to access either of the other two valleys rapidly
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
10 - 20cm of snow last night and cold. Best snow of the day was in the Cote Brune sector with around 30cm of light dry powder in places.
latest report
Good to hear the season is still delivering, it's too early to be talking about slush!

I'm heading out to VT on the 30th for a week with the family but hoping to fit in a day, or a couple of half days, with a guide for some steepness. The only contacts I have so far offer full week courses but that's not going to work. Can anyone recommend someone who might be able to offer me something? Or anyone want to meet up for some fast runs and an explore?
ski holidays
@snowrider, Courchevel wasn't too shabby either...

snow conditions
Yesterday was good... today was even better...

Aiguille du Fruit

Trying to avoid sluffing out the bootpack so we could go back up for round 2 in another line later...

Jack about to go supersonic in our 'Brucie bonus' extension:

Round 2, going steeper and tighter in the "Grumpy Git" couloir:

Round 2's exit up & slightly right of Amanda's head:

Might as well hang up the skis for the rest of the week... !!
snow report
Great lines
latest report
Spring has definitely sprung in the three valleys - lots of swifts whizzing about Very Happy
latest report
@andy1234 oh dear - how slushy is it
latest report
@Stinkpickle, oh it's not bad at all. Pistes yesterday in great condition. We went to Mottaret and it was near perfect. Coming back to Menuires at 4pm it was soft, but not slush.
snow report
@Stinkpickle, don’t panic (at least not quite yet!) - you’re going to VT IIRC, so remember that many comments on this thread will refer to conditions around all around the 3 Valleys. VT should hold up pretty well through to Easter hols.
(barring a heatwave!)
ski holidays
Stinkpickle wrote:
oh dear - how slushy is it

Its not too bad...

Definitely milder, but shady slopes are staying cold and sunny sides are going into a nice spring cycle.
snow report
Still good conditions off piste... Cold chalkiness on the North faces and great spring snow (with the right timing) on the sunny sides:

snow report

A trifle warm today (+17C in Reberty at 2.30 pm) but the skiing is still remarkably good.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy