Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wagrain in April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone.
10 year old Daughter's been offered a school ski trip in Wagrain 12-19 April next year. We are annual high altitude French resort skiers so we don't really know much about Austrian resorts. I get the skiing is lower, but that the fact it is further Easter can make up for that, but it still seems rather low and late for decent snow? Has anyone skied/lived there who could give a general indication of likely ski conditions please. She's a very competent skier who can ski pretty much anything on piste.

Thanks in advance!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Many years ago , my brother and sister used to go on an Easter school ski trip to that area every year , this was before artificial snow guns , most years they were coached up to snowsure Obertauren .
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@snowhound, you are missing out on some wonderful skiing.
Friends kids have been and loved it. Accommodation is usually nearer Salzburg and they bus it each day, so they could do Obertaun.
It will be very quiet, good for instructing, and probably only ski to mid station.
Daughter will be amazed at the cheapness of the food and drink on the hill and the quality of the lifts
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@snowhound, I live nearby but I don't have a crystal ball. Last year for example the snow arrived early (starting late October) and some of the ski areas opened early in mid-November. There was a lot of snowfall up to mid-January and excellent conditions. Temperatures remained cold so the snow held really well until late March, although there wasn't much further snowfall. Temperatures were much higher from late March. Given that Easter was early, most ski areas closed in early/mid April, not so much due to a lack of snow, but lack of punters.

After Easter, people stop thinking about skiing here. Next season Easter is late so it looks as though most of the ski areas are planning to stay open until 22nd April. If we have the same high temperatures in April that we had last season, that might mean some of the valley pistes are closed. But there have been incidences of good late season snow and low temperatures. Wagrain is an awesome ski area, linked to Flachau and Alpendorf with other ski areas such as Flachauwinkl/Kleinarl/Zauchensee plus Radstadt/Altenmarkt and Schladming easily accessible. I daresay it's a better value option than France too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@snowhound, several years ago when my wife was teaching in a previous school, I accompanied her on the easter (we departed 14th april that year as it was our wedding anniversary!!!) school ski trip to werfen, but we were bussed to alpendorf each day, which is linked to wagrain, my nephew was staying there that week with his school and I met up with him a couple of times in wagrain.

it snowed for the first few days we were there and was fantastic conditions, and a fantastic area. one of the gondola links apparently had a luxury private gondola owned by Gerhard berger, that was used by him when he was skiing in the area!!

I had been on a lads trip to Meribel a couple of weeks previously and it was mostly grass lower down!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
All the school trips I’ve seen in the area have been bused to different places each day. They’ll be bused to wherever there is snow.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@queenie pretty please, is spot on. great area. the snow conditions in mid April are like alot of Europe.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks everyone, appreciated! Will give it some thought. The hotel is described as ski in/out and they are flying out so won't have a coach in resort.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy