Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Far too hot

Poster: A snowHead
I’m finding this mini heatwave far too hot for comfort. Time to head for the fridge. Booked into the Chillfactore on Friday for another 4 hour session. They have a flash sale on for today. 4 hours for £19.80. Sweet.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A rather disappointing 21c on this side of the Pennines. Our max so far in this part of north Yorkshire has been about 26C (78F in old money) hot but now extreme.

North wales and Glasgow have been the hottest places in the UK, not that common in June !
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Peter S wrote:
A rather disappointing 21c on this side of the Pennines. Our max so far in this part of north Yorkshire has been about 26C (78F in old money) hot but now extreme.

North wales and Glasgow have been the hottest places in the UK, not that common in June !

It's been up in the low thirties here on a couple of days and the high twenties the rest of the time. Nice for a few days, but it makes sleeping uncomfortable. Four hours at -4 should help snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Peter S, Pop over to my side, then. I don't know what the actual air temperature is, but it has felt utterly and exhaustingly sweltering for weeks. Pleasant to chill at night, but unrelenting sun beating down. I do not believe "just" early 20s. The plant and tree leaves have all just crisped, turned brown and shrivelled, and even with our usual 'breeze' it's feeling far too hot to work or walk; lying sun-lounging is also too hot for long - and I, technically, love heat. Not exactly Pennine weather - and I shouldn't complain either, although a tad of overnight rain would be appreciated. Oh, and rather less of the omnipresent flies.
This morning it was quite cloudy for a while: a very brief and welcome respite.

On the positive side, my neighbour's farming contact says they're predicting another snowy winter Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Said last year when it topped 32c that ill buy an air con this year if it gets close again. So now reading the online installation pdfs
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Stop whinging you lot. Too hot, too cold, too wet, never happy!

36 C in Geneva. Forecast storms not arriving... Embarassed
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name wrote:
Too hot, too cold, too wet, never happy!

We're Brits. The news is...? Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
From a social point of view, I hate living in Whitby but the coastal breeze has been welcome the past few days, I put my motorbike gear on for a ride on Wednesday, ok at home but 10 miles inland and I was cooking, even cruising at 70 with my jacket part open 😅😅😅
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tangowaggon wrote:
From a social point of view, I hate living in Whitby but the coastal breeze has been welcome the past few days, I put my motorbike gear on for a ride on Wednesday, ok at home but 10 miles inland and I was cooking, even cruising at 70 with my jacket part open 😅😅😅

At least you have the good sense to still wear proper motorcycle gear even in this heat. I’ve lost count of the young idiots who are roaring round the area with just t shirt and shorts, and no gloves. Mincemeat waiting to happen.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There is the old joke about the two chatting prostitutes...

Tracy : I swear my last client was a Farmer

Sharon : Why's that?

Tracy : Well. First he said it was too dry, then he said it was too wet...

Sharon : Yeah

Tracy : Then he argued about the price!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name wrote:

36 C in Geneva. Forecast storms not arriving... Embarassed
they woke me up this morning Sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@BergenBergen, yeah, me too @4:40.

Slightly cooler this morning and the lawn had a good soaking Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Running round nekked with shoes and umbrella Shocked Confused @4:50 closing car windows and putting the roof on the MGB! Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I used to think it would be nice to work in the Snow Centre in this kind of weather. But unless you get changed there, it's pretty grim driving over in thermals/trousers!

I bet their electricity bills absolutely shoot up at the moment.

A few years ago in mid April I skied down to Meribel. Ambient temperature around 30C (how?) according to the forecast and and I made the mistake of eating lunch outside in a sun trap. I didn't have thermal bottoms because it was April, but of course you can't take the trousers off then. After I'd nearly passed out, and lugged skies back across the very long flat (and melted snow) to the gondola, what I really needed was a blizzard. Luckily nature provided within 20 minutes once I was back at the top on the way back into VT! Never has a blizzard felt so good.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@shep, I thought I had it bad closing house windows in a hurry!
snow conditions
As long as it's cool at night and you can sleep all is good (which it is in the UK at the minute).
snow conditions
Only 19.5C outside today but it looks like warming up a little over the weekend. Need to go west for some proper heat.

This summer the big plus has been the location of the anticyclone. Located just to the west of the UK it has enabled a north easterly feed of cool clean air from the north of the UK, allowing very strong sunshine and high UV providing the radiation rather than the more normal Spanish plume of superheated air off the continent. The pleasing difference being cooler nights, excellent visibility, cleaner air (away from the moorland fires!) and super low humidity, down below 20%. The result of weeks of this has desiccated the soil. Even the giant sponge that is Yad Moss was showing signs of drying out at the weekend snowHead
snow report
@Peter S, yes, I must say it's been pleasant heat in general, so far, rather 'Greek' instead of humid and muggy. (Still, we may have that pleasure yet to come.) Even the midges have so far stayed relatively calm: though there's some horrible small black biting flies turning my arms and face into white and red freckles Sad
And, yes, even the great Northumberland squelch bogs are just about dry. 40 cm down in the horrid solid blue clay and rock which underlies my garden, however, there is still standing water. Weird... (And annoyingly nowhere near where the plants are; excavating patio for a water feature.)
snow conditions
HutToHut wrote:
There is the old joke about the two chatting prostitutes...

Tracy : I swear my last client was a Farmer

Sharon : Why's that?

Tracy : Well. First he said it was too dry, then he said it was too wet...

Sharon : Yeah

Tracy : Then he argued about the price!

This sounds about right:D

(It's way too dry right now, we'd welcome a bit of wet but there's nothing forecast)
ski holidays
Swung through Madrid a couple weeks ago.

Every day was a relentless 30-40c.

Great for vacay. Annoying for work.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy