Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Villaroger shops

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of Les arcs next year for and one possibility is Villaroger, we usually self catering though and not sure what the shopping situation is here. Is there a baker and are there any shops or do you need to go to and fro to BSM?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nowhere to buy any SC supplies in Villaroger.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@T Bar, why were you thinking of Villaroger? It's on the edge of the domain with poor links in.

It will be marginally more attractive in a couple of years perhaps assuming this development is carried out.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Layne,
I'm not organising this year, have been asked by others, I'm gently suggesting Peisey, but have to say it's a very long time since I've stayed in Les Arcs so don't know it well.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
T Bar wrote:
@Layne,
I'm not organising this year, have been asked by others, I'm gently suggesting Peisey, but have to say it's a very long time since I've stayed in Les Arcs so don't know it well.

Ah OK.

There is certainly some nice skiing over above Villaroger when conditions are good. As we all know this season was a good one and when we were in Paradiski in late March we had a good mornings skiing over that way. But many other times I've been I wouldn't have spent much time over there. Getting back over even into 2000 is a little bit slow and it's a long way to go if you want to explore La Plagne at all.

My settled preference is to stay in Les Coches because the tree skiing is very good in poor weather, it's near the VE, home runs are good, there are services (supermarket, bakery, gear shops, restaurants) but it has good road access and fairly peaceful. I believe Vallandry on the Les Arcs side is similar but I haven't stayed there.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Layne,
Thanks for the info, I may see if I can persuade a review of other options.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It is though, only a 20 min drive to Tignes Les Brevieres from there
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It is though, only a 20 min drive to Tignes Les Brevieres from there
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Frank Spencer,indeed, or twice that there and back...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Depending on whether you have your own or transport available to you, Sainte Foy is literally a few minutes away, complete with shops for provisions etc.

In Villaroger itself there are some small (not particularly touristy) bars and a rather exceptional restaurant, Goyet.

As for the skiing, yes it is on the edge of the domain, but the lifts are ok and can take you up in stages to Arc 2000 (iirc). The pistes and setting make for great skiing when conditions are good.

I loved the setting and the fact it is relatively untouched; it has a proper charm to it.

Nick
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
and you can walk in the steps of Richard Hammond

http://youtube.com/v/fwnto05elCE
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Val Desire, It's an interesting video showing a man with no sense of direction getting lost in Villaroger. At one point he is shown heading down from Arc2000, later he is shown coming back up through Arc1600 (5:45 in)- the video doesn't say what he forgot.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's only a film. Clarkson's drive through London to the top of the then Nat West Tower had many inconsistencies.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy