Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski touring Siberia: One hell of a trip!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Weathercam, lovely. Just lovely.
The trees seemed perfectly spaced - they often seem too close to each other in France.
And good to see others - far more expert then me - sometimes find the Pit of Doom (as shown in the endpiece)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great vid... looked lush.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jonpim wrote:
.....And good to see others - far more expert then me - sometimes find the Pit of Doom (as shown in the endpiece)

That was me, on the first descent on the first day Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Weathercam, OMG this looks amazing. And the price is not unreasonable.

Love your vids.

Is this the kind of set up where you can only go if you have a guide who has taken the lodge, or do they provide in-house guiding so people can book direct?

I'd always been keen on the 40Tribes Kyrgyzstan trip but had been put off by stories of unstable and sugary snow pack.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kat.ryb, 40 Tribes & Kyrg highly recommended... You are in the middle of the continent so it is a full-on continental snowpack (powder on top of sugar) which needs some care, but when we were there in 2012 the skiing was excellent! Keep meaning to go back, and keep failing to find a slot in the diary to fit it in...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@offpisteskiing, thats good to hear you would recommend it, I should put it back on the 'wish list' then!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So skiing in Serre Chevalier yesterday and we were skiing a new line in the forest that sort of ran parallel with the main red piste and then crossed over a green chemin four of five times, so we'd come out of the forest and land on the chemin, then ski along a little looking for the next best pitch down through the forest.

I'd stopped and had my skis over the edge waiting for the rest of the group and this dude came along the chemin and stopped right by me eying up my line!!

So words were had along the lines of "feck off that's my line" Laughing

And he was very apologetic saying that of course, I could go first, then he looked at me more closely and asked if I'd skied in Luzhba and how he thought he'd recognised me!

Turns out that Luzhba is his home hill and how he was there for a couple of days when we were there!

He's sent me a link to a great Luzhba movie

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/FZbep81i3TBSgN/LUJBA%20HD%20720p%20full.flv

He wants to ski with me, only trouble I'm off games with another crocked back, hopefully, be ok end of the week and I can take him touring here.

Bizarre small world Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi, very interesting trip! About you us it possible to book the hut directly, thinking to organise a self-guided tour? Have you some local contact?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy