Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach Hinterglemm airport transfers

Poster: A snowHead
I've finally got a group of us together for a week in Hinterglemm in January.
Problem is, 2 of the group are driving there, with the other 4 of us flying to Salzburg. Which means with Holiday Shuttle we're looking at Euro336 return, which seems enormously expensive!
I can hire an estate car for about Euro250, then we've got the use of another car for the week...
So any other ideas for cheaper transfers?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Train from Salzburg main station to Maishofen and then the local postbus 680 could be an option? May need to take a short walk from Maishofen station to the Ortsmitte bus stop as I'm not sure if the 680 bus, stops at the main bus stop next to the station. Or just get the train to Zell am see and then the 680 bus directly from Zell am See station.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi

I've used Salzburg Taxi for the past 2 years - €308 for a private return transfer for 6 of us last year.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't want to fiddle about with trains and changong buses - we arrive at 5pm!
Hire car still looks like the cheapest option, even though it'll be sat round doing nothing for much of the week...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Leonard Smalls, dont forget to add in petrol etc so the cost might not be that much less than a taxi etc which clearly wont have the hassle etc of car hire......
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://salzburglimousineservice.com We’re good when we used them
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've always tended to use one of the transfer companies, takes the hassle out of it all, gets you door to door, and depending on the flights you've got can give an extra half day at the start and at the end.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If there's parking at your accommodation then I'd take the hire car. It's a nice easy drive and a car can be handy for shopping or if somebody is under the weather and doesn't want to ski.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Easy drive to Maria Alm, Zell am See (?linked next year) and Kitzbuhel so the car could be handy if you get the Salzburger Pass.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dont forget you will need a Vignette for Austrian autobahns (it is possible to avoid if you use the side roads). A ten day one costs about €8.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@munich_irish, the car will come with it on when hiring at Salzburg airport
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@holidayloverxx, Do they?
I remember hiring a car at Geneva airport on the Swiss side and noticed after driving onto the (Swiss) motorway that there was no Swiss vignette!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Leonard Smalls, I hire at Salzburg several times a year - yes they always come with a vignette for Austria
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@holidayloverxx, I second that
@Leonard Smalls, check what insurance and excesses aren't included with the rental
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No vignette required if you take the usual, most direct route via Lofer.
snow report
@Leonard Smalls, also mention to the car hire company that you will be driving through Germany, there is usualy an excess to pay which is about €20.
ski holidays
I shall have discussions with the group... Luckily we've got plenty of time to decide!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy