Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tragic news for Bode Miller and his family

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Terrible news that Bode Miller's little girl has drowned,

https://pagesix.com/2018/06/11/bode-millers-daughter-dies-in-tragic-pool-accident/
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That’s horrific. Same thing happened to Bill Johnson’s one year old son years ago
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's awful, brought a tear to my eye when i read it this AM ...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can't imagine what this is like and the added burden of guilt over what they might have done differently must be heavy.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unspeakably awful. Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
too upsetting..
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, very very sad and not something a parent will ever get over. Someone I know lost their toddler, drowned in a pond on a farm and unfortunately it is all too common. Golfer, Jack Nicklaus lost his 17 month old grandson in a hot tub drowning, Bill Johnson as mentioned above and now Bode Miller. From what I read, approaching 1000 toddlers a year die this way in the USA alone.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I don't know any parent who hasn't briefly lost a toddler at some point, it is almost impossible to keep your eyes on them all the time Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scarpa wrote:
I don't know any parent who hasn't briefly lost a toddler at some point, it is almost impossible to keep your eyes on them all the time Crying or Very sad

+1. Tragic as this is, no matter how baby safe you try to make somehwhere, the child will always find a way. There's only so many eyes in the back of your head you can have.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Losing a child for a few seconds in the vicinity of a pool (even a tiny paddling pool) is more likely to end in tragedy than it is in most other environments. Some years ago I ran a department responsible for recruiting and managing thousands of people working overseas, almost all in hot countries. Mostly they were fine - but very sadly a small child drowning in a pool was one of the more common tragedies. A pool - especially when there are lots of people sitting round having a party - is a hugely hazardous environment for small kids. As already said, the burden of guilt when something like this happens must be near-insupportable.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@pam w, indeed. I was on holiday and lying round the pool when I saw a baby/toddler tip over head first in her floater thing. Just as I started to react her dad jumped in and scooped her up. Could have tragic if we had not been looking at her. My dad once dived into a pool on holiday and rescued a child who had gone under. all too common
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Whilst we're on rescue stories - I saw a couple of kids being blown out to sea on an inflatable airbed, in Aruba. I had fins on and was able to intercept them and push them upwind back to the beach. They were teenies. I was awaiting the fervent gratitude of their parents - but nobody had even seen them go. rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy