Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New EU law changes chalet host lifestyle forever

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ski total Chalet Hotel in Tignes next Jan. Exact same deal re meals / drink as this year, prices are also very consistent.

So, either Hotelplan are taking the hit for the alleged extra staff costs (unlikely I would say) or they have found a way to make it work within existing staffing arrangements?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nelly0168 wrote:
Ski total Chalet Hotel in Tignes next Jan. Exact same deal re meals / drink as this year, prices are also very consistent.

So, either Hotelplan are taking the hit for the alleged extra staff costs (unlikely I would say) or they have found a way to make it work within existing staffing arrangements?

Imagine if the Brits stopped going to places like Tignes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stanton wrote:
@Ricoshay, you do not mention which country as this is stll regulation work in progress in most EU ski countrys

Hi there!
we're off to France, it'll be our first season, muchly excited!!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
On the Val seasonaire site, there are lots of people looking for staff and offering the same T&Cs as last season.

I suspect that many don't know about the change in the law or are hoping staff don't grass them up. Either way, it will end in tears for some of them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When the kids were young, a ;rage group of us frequently booked the whole of a large chalet with either Silver Ski or Ski olympic. Every single holiday was a belter, and I would like to think that the staff enjoyed having us there. That said, if i send staff to France they have to have proof of their employment terms under what we call Macron Law in the transport sector. Our crews have to carry a lot of paperwork to prove confirmation with the regs.
It's only fair that there is a level playing field across different sectors and if the punter has to pay, then so be it.

Could be a good time to buy a chalet.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nelly0168 wrote:

Ski Total have gone for 5 evening meals in small chalets and 6 in chalet hotels (where the kitchen has more staff I imagine). So where a chalet is run by a couple then the new guidelines can be met. I belive this is an option other smaller operators are going to use.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

To quote my neighbour (owner of one of the better family run hotels in Tignes): "I would go bankrupt"

M Barnier is not the most popular Savoyard in the area!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chocksaway wrote:
The ESF used to be rather keen on him.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@rob@rar, Afternoon Rob, I though you would be one a glacier today wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
chocksaway wrote:
@rob@rar, Afternoon Rob, I though you would be one a glacier today wink
Alas not, enjoying a sunny garden in London.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chocksaway wrote:
Quote:

To quote my neighbour (owner of one of the better family run hotels in Tignes): "I would go bankrupt"

Though presumably without competition from chalets his hotel would get more bookings!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My understanding is either clients pay more money or accept reduced service or run the risk of using an operator who is not working within the guidelines. Haven’t SBIT issued a statement yet? I saw that mountain heaven had had their wrists slapped for their blog post!
I can see that some companies are reducing their exposure which should mean they are towing the line in respect to the law.
I suspect this will be a redressement leading to better conditions and a more professional product over time. Fingers crossed!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Vote Brexit.

Low-paid chalet slaves are what make Britain great.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whitegold wrote:
Vote Brexit.

Low-paid chalet slaves are what make Britain great.

Do you know where the "Great " in Britain came from ?

Clue

"Groß" Insel

Eire

Klein insel

You are dumber than the dumbest brexit voter
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Actually it\s 'Great' Britain as opposed to 'little' Brittany.

But soon to be 'England', right? Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy