Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booking our first trip - not a clue

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
imustbemadme wrote:
Quote:

Seriously?! Who's they? Maybe worth double checking with the exam board. I think Inside Out Skiing run GCSE skiing packages at Hemel so they'd be aware of penalties for using domes.

This is interesting thank you. It was one of her PE teachers whose son is also doing snowboarding for his GCSE. Don't get me wrong, we're really excited to go now we've all learnt to do it. Now I just have to pay attention to the advice on here.

The deadline for the video submission is before half term in Feb otherwise we could have gone in February without as much of an issue about snow sure resorts but we don't want to leave it all to the last minute.

Must admit I was suprised by that too. I don't have any direct experience but I do know that exam boards do have different requirements.
If your reason for going abroad to do it is to maximise marks then I'd definately be talking to the ski/snowsports school in advance and ensuring that the instructor has experience of running these sessions. Depending on your daughter's level of experience also think hard about when in the week to do the recording and how much tuition to pay for before. If she has had plenty of mountain time great, if she's new to the mountain environment then it can take a bit of adjustment. Weather might also be a factor... you don't want to leave the recording to the last day and it be a whiteout, or high winds and the lifts closed..
BASI have put some best practices for instructors recording GCSE assessments on their website over the summer which you might find useful/ interesting (although it is specifically around ski rather than board as written by a skiier) https://blog.basi.org.uk/how-to-run-a-gcse-skiing-video-session/
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy