Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Boots Rush 8 or 9?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm having a bit of a dilemma with buying new boots. I've narrowed my choice down to the salomon Rush 8 and the Rush 9, but i don't know which to choose? I'm not an agressive or fast skier, so am worried that the 9s will to be too stiff for me as they are listed as expert boots?

I also having trouble understanding the size - i tried the 8s in one shop and the 9s in another and found that i wanted a size 25 for the Rush 9 and a 25.5 for the Rush 8- is that normal? When i asked the second boot fitter he said that he thought the half size bigger would be too big and would expand too much over time. So i tried a half size smaller in the Rush 8 and they were definitely too small!

If you're still with me - my dilemma is to get a Rush 9 which may be too stiff or the Rush 8 which although felt great, i'm worried will expand too much?

Or should i not bother buying here and just wait until i'm out in resort and can try them out for real?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sebee, welcome to snowheads.....the 25 and 25.5 are the same shell, so in therory they should both be the correct length (if it is right in the first place) did the boot fitter preform a shell check, and look at the volume of your feet, did they discuss footbeds and talk about the benefits, what thickness of socks were you using.... are they thin or thick, did the fitter suggest differing thicknesses (preferably very thin), if the fitter has not done all of the above then i would change bootfitter, and find one who will. the purchase of your ski boots is one of the most important and emotional purchases that you will ever make (as far as sporting goods are concerns) so it is worth travelling to a good shop and spending the time with a fitter who will advise you correctly

the rush 8 and 9 are the same shell (flex excepted) and other than a couple of minor differences they have the same liner so for one to feel too tight in the same size as felt good in the other is a bit strange (if it had been the other way round i would have suggested that it was the firmer foam of the 9 that made them feel tighter)

where abouts are you goint to on holiday, if someone on here knows a fitter in the resort then that may be an option, or let us know where you live and we can suggest another fitter near you.

hope this helps a bit
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Both bootfitters seemed equally as good, which is why i'm confused! They did all of the checks you mentioned and i tried both pairs on the same day wearing the same ski socks. I spent a long time in the boots and esp the Rush 8s. The larger boot they placed heel wedge things and in the smaller i had a superfeet footbed, both then had a similar fit.

I live in the Reading area ish, I will travel to get it right, but don't really want to go to London. I'm going to La Thuile in 3 weeks and after having uncomfortable feet on my last trip in January - i would like to get to the end of the day without excruciating pain! If you know of any good bootfitter either in the resort or nearby, my feet would be v grateful!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sebee, Rush 9 in 25, if all else fails you can then turn it into Rush 8 25.5 will a little tweeking. Little Angel
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy