Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

boot liner removal and refitting

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody got any tips on the easiest way to remove and refit boot liners, i suffer from arthritis in my hands and really struggle to remove and refit them Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I put the boot on the floor, sideways so the toe is on the left. Stand as best I can on the toe and heel lugs and then reach down as far as I can with my right hand and pull.

Reverse to refit making sure everything is out of the way before I push.

Alternatively, don’t bother:
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/boot-glove-dryer-id_8375022.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@arrand, never removed a liner in my life with arthritis too I wouldn't even try
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@arrand, from what I've observed, boot fitters grip the back of the liner and pull it forwards and down over the tongue towards the toe of the boot. After some resistance it pops out easily. Putting it back in is a different matter Confused
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
To remove a boot liner do as @motyl said, grab the back the liner and push forwards and out, sort of rotating the liner out of the boot.

To put the liner back in, put your hand inside the liner and push the toes in to the shell, sort of rotating the liner in (in the opposite fashion to removing it). You can also put the liner on your foot and step it in to the shell, although I prefer to put it in with my hands.

Removing the liner is fairly easy, putting it back in is more tricky and requires more force. It helps if the shell is at room temperature or a bit warmer as the plastic will be more flexible than if the boot is cold straight from the snow.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
if you warm the boot up and push forward on the rear cuff of the liner they do come out fairly easily, putting the boot in the footwell of a car and running the heater for 10 minutes should do it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Find a helpful friend with strong hands Cool
It does seem to depend on the boots and liners quite a lot (design and flex, I assume).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Using a table spoon as a shoe horn helps put liners back in - or invest a whole £1 in a long shoe horn from Ikea. Essential piece of kit - couldn't go skiing without mine!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This is close to what has been said.

1. Push the tongue forward to try and open the shell a little.
2. Grab the back of the shell top with one hand.
3. With the other grab the liner top back part and push forward and down a little as hard as you can.

For going back in:
1. Do #1 above.
2. Push the liner in toe first as much as possible.
3. Using your fist or something about the size of a night stick, push the heal part of the line down toward the shell heal.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I used to, although haven’t for the last couple of pairs of boots, use very thin bin liners (cut to size) to help prevent water ingress. These have the advantage of making the liners easier to take out and put in as well. Potentially they can make the liner move in the shell a little or disturb the fit when you are actually skiing.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My custom footbeds are quite stiff and I find removing them first makes removal of the linings much easier.
And to remove the footbeds I have bent the end of an old spoon to hook under the heel to lift it.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for all your replies Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quickest way to kill your boots. Use dryers.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy