Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New EU seasonaire employment law

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@RobinS, if you fancy 3 months in Corsica this autumn they are desperate for orange pickers. Accomodation, 1500 euros per month and work permit included
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof wrote:
@RobinS, if you fancy 3 months in Corsica this autumn they are desperate for orange pickers. Accomodation, 1500 euros per month and work permit included

As a member of the 'Corsica for Corsicans!' movement, I strongly object to these feckless English workers coming over here, taking advantage of free benefits, and taking our jobs simply because their economy is in a mess and they'll work for a pittance, with their HP Sauce and chips and weird guttural language organising all sorts of dodgy trafficking on the side they're responsible for most of the crime in Corsica and don't tell me there aren't many of them because you only have to walk down the street to realise that most of them are illegal and unregistered and are here for the free healthcare which is why I can't get a GP appointment for ten weeks and there are so many that we can't get anywhere to live for a reasonable rent they should all go home and don't tell me they're only doing seasonal jobs that Corsicans won't do because what about all these young Corsicans whinging they can't get a decent job instead of lazing 'round on benefits they should force them to do the picking before they can get any unemployment pay ....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@LaForet, love the absence of full stops.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar wrote:
WindOfChange wrote:
You DO have the right to work in FRANCE, you just need to apply for the temporary permit.
I think what you’re describing is the right to apply for a permit to work (under certain circumstances), rather than the right to work.

You only need the permit after 1st Jan, if you get a job before then, you ARE from the EEA so do not need the permit.
You currently do have the right to work in France, and as most Winter season jobs start before 31st Dec, then the employer does not need to jump through those hoops, as you will already be in employment.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
WindOfChange wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
WindOfChange wrote:
You DO have the right to work in FRANCE, you just need to apply for the temporary permit.
I think what you’re describing is the right to apply for a permit to work (under certain circumstances), rather than the right to work.

You only need the permit after 1st Jan, if you get a job before then, you ARE from the EEA so do not need the permit.
You currently do have the right to work in France, and as most Winter season jobs start before 31st Dec, then the employer does not need to jump through those hoops, as you will already be in employment.
And the winter after this one, for which we have to contend with Covid...?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar wrote:
WindOfChange wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
WindOfChange wrote:

And the winter after this one, for which we have to contend with Covid...?

I posted this on another thread this morning, but this is my understanding (obvious caveat!) for Austria, and I assume similar for most other EU states:

Quote:
If you are working and resident in Austria by 31.12.20, then you are legally allowed to continue living and working in Austria until such time as you choose to leave (regardless of whether that is end of the season or in 10 years time, but in the latter case, there would be some paper work to sort each year for the first 5 I believe).

If you first move to Austria on or after 01.01.21, that no longer applies and you will have to jump through whatever hoops and work permits etc are required.

If you are working and resident in Austria before 31.12.20 but then go home at the end of the season, you will also lose those work and residency rights. Caveat: you are of course allowed to leave for periods of time for holiday and travel while maintaining those rights, but I can't remember for how long. 3 months maybe? And to maintain the rights, you would still need to maintain a primary residence in Austria whilst away.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@clarky999, that's as I understand it. Not much use for seasonal workers or those who want to provide professional services on a temporary basis, and a final opportunity for those who want to quit the UK to become fully established through residency and taxation in one of the EU countries.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rob@rar, unfortunately so, yes! Huge loss of opportunity for so many people Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So this Winter, it is still possible to work as a UK national so long as you start before Dec 31st.
Like you say, for the following Winter you have a year to get your ducks in a row.

You can still provide Professional Services on a temporary basis too.
There is provision for non EU / non EEA people to come to France as Createurs D'Enterprise.

https://www.service-public.fr/professionnels-entreprises/vosdroits/F22494

Nothing to stop you setting up a French registered company, and only providing customer facing services in the Winter.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
WindOfChange wrote:
There is provision for non EU / non EEA people to come to France as Createurs D'Enterprise.
I thought applications under that scheme was for residents-only?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The issue is that employers are already wary of British passports. Perhaps they don't understand how the transition period works, the feeling is that Brexit has happened and that Brits are already third country nationals.

Add to that the fact that many British TOs seem to be shutting up shop and that in general the seasonal jobs/tourism market is vastly reduced due to the pandemic.

I think the last season opportunity for Brits has already gone.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@queenie pretty please, That's precisely what we have found. Transfer driving is out because the Swiss already treat us as third country and won't give us the paperwork to pickup at GVA while working for a French company. UK secondment roles in Chalet Hosting are down the pan this season, and "local" jobs, the employers simply don't want the added uncertainty and hassle of UK passport holders without residency. These things may be solvable in theory, but with a much reduced jobs market employers take the easy option. There are after all a great many East Europeans who speak English and have EU rights.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar wrote:
I thought applications under that scheme was for residents-only?

Click the link you see it is for non-EEA citizens.

But yes : it is a bunch of forms, a ballache and EUR 255 fee, that previously we're not required.

I do get that it is a challenge to get work this Winter, though my point is that legally and administratively it is still possible.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
WindOfChange wrote:
So this Winter, it is still possible to work as a UK national so long as you start before Dec 31st.
Like you say, for the following Winter you have a year to get your ducks in a row.

Nothing to stop you setting up a French registered company, and only providing customer facing services in the Winter.

The problem is step 1 in that process is apply for a long stay visa, which you cannot currently do with a UK passport.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy