Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need advice on ski length - R Soul 7 HD

Poster: A snowHead
Would anyone be able to advise a suitable ski length for the 2018 Rossi Soul 7 HD?

I am 182cm tall and 78kg.

Looking to pick up in the sale so won’t have a chance to test.

Any help appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon wrote:

+1
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm 180cm and 67kg, the 172 is perfect for me.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Bennyboy1, what is your skill level? If you are advanced or expert then 188. Otherwise 180.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you all. I am an intermediate skier and was skiing 172cm Fischer ranger 90 TI for a , which I have now bought as I liked them so much.

A bit worried by 188cm. Given the set back mount won’t this feel like a lot of ski?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rossi's size guide would put you on 180cm at your level of experience. Especially as you're not that heavy. Scroll down... https://www.rossignol.com/uk/sizing-chart/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm 177cm and 14 stone. I get on quite well with my 188s.They don't feel too long for me.

Edit, I'm on the older S7s, not the HDs.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 21-05-18 9:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you

@spyderjon, will these be ok for Quiver Killer you advised on? Want to be able to swap the bindings over from the Fischer.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm similar height and weight to you and ski-ed them in 180 (or 181?) for a couple of days on a UCPA Off-piste trip this winter to compare them to my Salomon Shoguns (181). I found the Soul 7's to be much turnier and think I would have preferred the longer length.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
177cm here and 68kg. I found the 180s bloody brilliant on the Gnarbug trip to Gressoney. I was also on 180s on the older Soul7 (not HD) when I did a UCPA off piste course a couple of seasons ago
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ok so sounds like I am between the lengths 180 and the 188.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bennyboy1 wrote:
Ok so sounds like I am between the lengths 180 and the 188.

They're a firm flex at best with soft tips'n'tails and ski waaay short so get the 188's. And yes, they can be Quiver Killered no problem.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bennyboy1 wrote:
Would anyone be able to advise a suitable ski length for the 2018 Rossi Soul 7 HD?

I am 182cm tall and 78kg.

Looking to pick up in the sale so won’t have a chance to test.

Any help appreciated.

I have the pre HDs in 180 and am slightly taller and heavier. I regret not getting the 188s. They ski very short so go long.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for the thread title - I will amuse myself in future looking for all the R Souls out and about.
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes, very surprised you are the first to comment!! I laughed a lot putting it up 😂😂
ski holidays
@spyderjon, thanks I have have gone for the 188s.

Thanks all. Fingers crossed!
ski holidays
@Bennyboy1, a friend of mine is about your size (maybe a few kg heavier) and a decent intermediate 1 or 2 week a year skier. He rented a pair of Soul 7s in a 188 this year when we got 20-30cms overnight. I have never seen a more rapid and dramatic improvement in someone's skiing! He loved them on piste too and seemed to have no bother getting them on edge.

Enjoy!
ski holidays
@element, great to hear!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy