Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le Touissure/Saint Sorlin d'Arves

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any useful info on the potential/usual reliability of this area in Mid-April?

Last season (According to skiclub) was 83cm top/50cm bottom in the corresponding week... obviously not brilliant... not sure how representative last year was in terms of the past snow record at all?

...but as the resort we ended up at (Serre Che) had 40cm top/15 bottom when we were there in late March and 45cm/5cm in mid-April then it compares quite favourably!

Allegedly it's mainly North & West facing slopes, so maybe it's worth a punt? Apparently it's relatively quiet compared to mega-resorts and is well inter-connected with navettes.

Anyone have any thoughts on this area at all?

Cheers
Carl

PS... yes, I know that La Ros was about 167/60 for the middle of April - I'm not ruling it out yet, just looking around!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
carled,

Since nobody else has replied, I have actually stayed in La Toussuire in the 1990s.

I was not there in April, but nobody spoke of microclimates when we were there.

I personally would not book an April holiday there too far in advance. I would not take a punt.

Tignes is the obvious candidate if you want to book well in advance

La Toussuire itself is fine. There is plenty of piste, more lifts now than when we were there and it is not crowded.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
carled, Serre Che currently has snow depth of 240/105 , you really picked a bad year.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Serre Che - Last week of Feb last year.... 50cm top, 20 bottom...

Ironically enough, half of the group have said they'd happily return to Serre Che this year! I've said that I would do but ONLY if the snow was good enough to open up the L'echaillon & Frejus sectors... I really missed them last year!

I suppose that if the snow takes the same pattern as last year then even with no more snow between now and Easter we'd still be looking at 120/50 at worst, I'd guess...

I tell you Helen... I'm cursed, cursed I tell you!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Official Serre Che site says 265/145 now!!! Oh for f**k's sake... Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
carled, I've just had the snow report this morning, and all but a few pistes are open, meaning Echaillon and Frejus will be too. Whats the current picture where you're planning to go?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not decided yet. Keeping the proverbial options open!

We're trying to find a chalet/gite that will take all 17/18 of us and there are quite a few scattered around the areas of interest to us, although several are a few km out of town and that would mean a car to get anywhere or relying on the resort bus. My logic is that 90% of big groups will have booked for Easter by now. That means there are still lots of owners out there with unfilled big chalets who will start to get nervous soon and think of dropping their prices!

I'm prepared to leave it until a week or two before we fly to sort it out. We have our flights booked (same as last year - to Turin 9th/16th April) and the rest will follow depending on snow conditions!

Charlotte at LDA is kindly having a look around there for suitable accommodation and PG has been most helpful around the Les Arcs area too.

I'm undecided as yet, but the faves are looking like LDA, Les Arcs/BSM, La Ros, Puy st. Vincent, Montgenevre or Serre Che again.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Latchigo, thanks for the input, but I'm keen to avoid the supposedly "mega" reorts of Val T, Val D, Tignes, Meribel, Les Men, etc... I really object to their ludicrous lift prices when in all likelihood the skiing available will be greatly reduced.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
carled, good luck with your hunt. If you do end up in Serre Che again, we will be out there too, so PM me and we'll meet up for a drink or two. If you don't perhaps next time? It's a great place when the snows good. I've never had the snow as bad as that before. http://www.miquelhols.co.uk/home.htm have chalets in Monetier-les-Bains (where the best snow will be).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy