Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FERNIE BC CANADA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We first went out to Fernie around 4 years ago, that year the snow wasn't great but we fell in love with the place and the people (population 4900) We've since been out in the summer and just got back from a 3 week snowboarding trip out there, the snow is amazing right now and I love the fact that the slopes are so uncrowded, I am at a basic level of snowboarding while my boyfriend who has skateboarded and snowboarded his whole life makes it look so damn easy - thats whats so great about the Fernie Resort is that it caters for both our levels.

10 lifts (6 chair(2 of which are high speed)/4 drag)

LIFT RATES 2005-2006

ADULT FULL DAY -- $64.00

ADULT HALF DAY (12:00pm+) -- $51.00

see http://www.fernie.com/ for more info

We tend to go downtown for food and drink, there is stuff up on the mountain but part of the charm of Fernie is the town, the locals campaign hard to keep the heritage of the town protected, and they are doing a great job...

Getting there...

For a cheap flight Fly Zoom to Calgary www.flyzoom.com
Personally I think the bus service from Calgary to Fernie is overpriced and I would suggest renting a car for the duration of your trip, the car hire pickup is located directly opposite arrivals and drop off is close to departures so it is really convenient.
There are a couple of routes to Fernie from Calgary both are really easy (believe me if I can do it anyone can!) Highway 2 or the 22. 22 is quicker, you get to it by going through Okotokes, I have some landmark directions if anyone wants them, given to me by an Ikea Calgary employee, who also loves Fernie!...

Once there you won't want to come back!! If anyone wants more info then feel free to contact me. We have a house out there and we rent it out when we are not there so if you need cheap accommodation then have a look at our website
http://www.fernieholidayhome.com

if you prefer 'up the hill' accommodation then visit www.fernie.com where there are loads of listings, we stayed at the Wolfs Den the first time we went and that was pretty cool. The lifts are open until April so still plenty of time...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i was in fernie for two weeks last season. according to the locals it was the worst conditions in living memory - but i still had some of my best days boarding ever. one in particlar stands out. it had been dumping all weekend and one of the bowls had been closed due to avalance risk. i was one of about 20 lucky souls in the right place at the right time when they opened it up again. all 20 of us hit this powder field at the same time - it was like something out of a move, with us all wooping and a holleringin unbridled joy as we glided through knee deep virgin powder! worst conditions in living memeory? ive got to be there ina good season!!

i fully intend to go back next season, and am sorry that i didnt get to go there this season.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's all part of the thrill though isn't it - its not a given but a gift...we'll be out there for Christmas and New Years which is something to get us through our time in London and an extended trip planned in the summer to do some renovations to the house, let us know when you are planning to go out again, perhaps our paths will cross.

A Fernie local's definition of powder: A deep layer of nice, fresh, light, fluffy snow that falls a week before you arrive at Fernie or the day after you leave!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy