Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

£80m snowdome for Sheffield - "biggest in Europe" - gets green light

Poster: A snowHead
Plans for a 300m snowdome to supplement Sheffield Ski Village - to be called Sheffield Snow Mountain - have been approved by the local authority.

The £80m scheme, to form part of a major redevelopment for the Upper Don Valley, includes a one-mile gondola system to connect with the city of Sheffield. The snowdome itself could include a chairlift and draglifts, and several alternative pistes are planned.

Linked to the development would be a four-star, 100 bed hotel and 18 'alpine style' chalets. A new ski lodge will house a ski reception, themed restaurants and a bar/café area.

Reports, photos: Sheffield Today ... SnowBoardClubUK (SCUK)

---------
Although a claim of 'biggest in Europe' is made, the Alpincenter snowdome at Bottrop, Germany is 640m long. The Sheffield scheme looks to be significantly wider, though.

Any comments?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 23-02-06 13:54; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If there is more than one slope and they get the pricing right I would go there rather than Castleford travel time would not be much longer.

It is a very ambitious project and I would question its sustainability and ability to attract enough business.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i wonder if this will be the death nell for the one at the trafford centre ?

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
300m is rather short. Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
better than 175 or whatever it is at cas.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Royal wrote:
i wonder if this will be the death nell for the one at the trafford centre ?

I don't see why it should be, there are a few people living to the west of the Pennines.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
last time they were going to build one in manchester behind granada studios but pulled out when someone announced plans for one in wigan... which went tits up anwys
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I like the way the red & blue runs intertwine at the top... plenty of scope for absolute chaos ! Should be hilarious... LOL !
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Why can't they build it on the Sheffield Wednesday training ground and get us out of debt? Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hennerz, because it's flat ?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They are supposed to be building one here in Huyton, Merseyside, where I live, but I doubt it'll ever happen as Liverpool City Council and Knowsley councils are a waste of space.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Can't wait for the Sheffield scheme to be complete. Member already at the ski village and this will be the bees knees
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Am I just stupid or is London crying out for its own snowdome. Surely there must be enough city boys who are keen on skiing to get one built in the captial? Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Obsessed_intermediate wrote:
Am I just stupid or is London crying out for its own snowdome. Surely there must be enough city boys who are keen on skiing to get one built in the captial? Smile

maybe they are too busy buying another type of snow....
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Royal wrote:
Obsessed_intermediate wrote:

maybe they are too busy buying another type of snow....

Or all rich enough to use city airport as an advanced high speed gondola? aj xx
snow conditions
Great! Competion will bring the prices down. Very Happy
latest report
You can take all these figures with a pinch of salt but a 500m (WOW - 0.5kms) indoor ski slope is being proposed in Snowdonia - can the UK's skiers sustain all these indoor slopes?
snow conditions
Hennerz, much rather they build it on your ground and shut you down.

Enjoy the game last weekend ?

Ha ha ha ha ha
ski holidays
There is one in Dubai the size of 3 footie pitches
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy