Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Female specific Skis - advice needed

Poster: A snowHead
I've just bought my first pair of skis (Volkl 4 stars - which are genius!) - and guess what? The girlfriend has got rather jealous, and now wants her own pair too (which I have, in a drunken moment, promised to pay for.... Confused ).

My girlfiend is about 5' 6" & 9-stone. She's happiest cruising around on Blues - but if forced will tackle a Red or two.

She's a bit of a nervouse skier, so I'm looking for something that will be easy to use and boost her confidence, but still be able to take her to the next level.

Have heard very good things about the K2 True Luv....anyone had experience of this ski?

Any others suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance for the help.....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jonflat2, Are you going skiing this winter?. I suggest asking her to come up with a shortlist from the trade catalogues (EB, S&R etc). she can then test those skis out and see how they feel. It's a very personal choice. There are no longer any "bad" skis out there. Congratulations to your girlfriend on getting you to pay for them. I tried this tactic for Valentine's Day and ended up with chocolates instead, of Stockli's Mad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jonflat2 wrote:

Have heard very good things about the K2 True Luv....anyone had experience of this ski?

Any others suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance for the help.....

sharon has these and finds them very good.
She's skiing on piste, blues and reds.
they are slightly lighter than others i think.
hope this helps
Rob
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

suggest asking her to come up with a shortlist from the trade catalogues (EB, S&R etc)

That's what I was thinking. I just wanted to narrow down the choice to 2 or 3 or skis before we went.

We've been pouring over the catalogues, but to be honest their desciptions are pretty vague (according to S&R just about everybody is "advanced" Puzzled )
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jonflat2, S&R dropped "intermediate" as a category, so you are either "recreational", "advanced" or "expert". The K2 "Luv" range gets good reviews, and having spoken to several ladies who ski them, they are great skis.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Everything I hear/read about the K2s seems very positive.

The only problem is that they're a little hard to get hold of - most places seem to have sold out of the 'True Luv'.

I've seen some blinding deals on Salomon female skis (Rush 4 and Rush 7) at Nevisport - anyone know much about these?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jonflat2, If she's nervous it's probably best to have her test them before you buy. I'll happily ski on anything that's cheap or free - but Mrs Ski likes to test first. The additional pressure of having bought them may be too much.....
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My wife is a reasonable skier but lacks a bit of confidence, I bought her a pair of K2 Tru Luv skis and it has totaly transformed her skiing giving her so much more confidence which in turn has improved her skiing no end. Plus she loved the colour of the skis! I would highly recomend the K2's and the price is not too bad either, I think I paid £280 inc bindings
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jonflat2, Might just be able to get you out of this one for a while, at least. 2006/7 is THE year to buy womens skis. Choice and quality will be huge. We, i know could say that every year, however next year will be a huge progress year for ladies. Little Angel
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sierra Snowboard still have 153s in stock for about £260 plus shipping (although that price isn't advertised, it includes EpicSki discount)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry to advertise my ignorance, but was is the difference between "normal" skis and womens skis?

Is it the length, flex softness or weight of the ski?

If it those then why not buy a junior race or high end ski?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
davidb, as well as different lengths, weights and flex patterns, they also have different mounting points. Basically, the good womens skis have been designed from scratch, and are not just a stripped down mens ski, or a different version of a junior ski.
Hope that helps.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wear The Fox Hat,

Why the different mounting positions, is that something to do with the physical differences between men and women?

Or is it some form of marketing ploy to get women to buy new "better" skis? ( Sorry I am a bit of a cynic when it comes to these things)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidb, physical/anatomical differences. Generally, the female CoG is in a different location to the male.

I'll try to dig up the pic I saw a while back on the subject.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wear The Fox Hat:
Thanks for the tip, but I have actually managed to find the K2 True Luv skis for £190 (including delivery), from a shop I know in Germany (www.sport-conrad.com).

I actually did the same trick with my Volkl 4 Stars - ended up managing to buy 'em for £200 (incl. shipping) from Germany - that's about half the price of the UK

Don't get me wrong - I would much prefer to support the UK ski industry, and 'buy British'. But when they continue to charge well over the odds to us poor old Brits, I don't fee that guilty wink
latest report
Anyone seen K2 Lotta Loves going cheap?
latest report
jonflat2, congratulations!
latest report
jonflat2, actually, just noticed they have skis I might be interested in... the Fujatives
snow report
Marc:

www.sport-conrad.com has the K2 Lotta Luv for 429 euros + 20 euros for shipping. I think that works out at around £320, which is about £100 less than places like S&R.

Definitely worth checking out the German Stores - they all seem to have a sale on at the mo. You can get a lot of the dealers details from the manufacturers websites....
ski holidays
Wear the Fox Hat:

Another one to check out is http://www.ski-bilek.com/ (I think that's the right website address).

Their stock seems to change round a lot from week to week - but I've heard that quite a few people who've bagged some amazing deals, on Fischers in particular.

And yet another is Trade 24 - check their Ebay shop: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/MS-Trade24-de.

Happy hunting.
snow conditions
with ski bilek better to bid on ebay than go straight to their store. i bought myFX8s with a bid price of 285euros which was50 euros cheaper than their fixed price. either is alot cheaper than uk stores
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy