Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half term feedback

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m ( still!) in the process of looking for a bolt hole in French alps.....
I’ve been flip flopping the evasion areas and PDS.....
I’d appreciate half term reports on how busy morzine/chatel and megeve/st gervais/ les contamines were......

I know historically st gervais was always quieter, but the webcams looked busy this year.
Having a young baby in tow, I’ve not been out since Christmas so haven’t been able to get nearer the goal of nailing a location down.
I know morzine well, and know it’s always busy, but just wondered how the updated lifts have coped with the peak season numbers......
Chatel always used to be quieter, and I’m wondering if the new link at vonnes has helped even more.
If anyone’s been this season in the peak times I’d appreciate some feedback,

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I haven't been to Megeve in half term, but I have been to both PDS and Megeve/St Gervais a lot. Megeve is noticeably quieter than almost anywhere else I've been in France. PDS is absolutely heaving in half term.
I'm currently skiing in Les Arcs with a friend who has barely skiied anywhere other than Megeve, and he is shocked by how busy LA is at the moment, compared to the same March week in Megeve. Oh, and I wouldn't say that LA is super busy at the moment anyway.
If you want a bolt hole for summer as well, though, then I believe PDS is much better set up as a summer resort.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We've just got back from Megeve and thought it was great ski area and noticeably quieter than the Morzine/Flaine areas for the comparable week in previous years. We overlapped with one region of the French school holidays. Next year the same week will only be the Paris school holidays so I'm assuming the roads will be busy on the way down.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stayed in Chatel over our half term - 10 - 17 Feb. It seemed quieter than when we last went in 2015. Only a couple of queues lasting more than a few minutes and these were at the end of the day. Both took c15-20 minutes and were at the Tour Lift in Avoriaz and Proclou at Super Morzine.

The weather was mixed, 1.5 days of heavy snow so this might of limited numbers on the slopes. 2.5 bluebird days when there were more about, but nothing was crowded and 2 days of rain and again fewer skiers.

Regarding the Vonnes lifts, we never queued here. Mind you it's a faff going across to Linga and Plaine Dranse. Get off bus, skis on, chair towards Linga. Ski down to Linga gondola, skis off, on gondola, off and skis on and ski to chair. Take chair to top of Linga and then you can get going!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I queued for 5 minutes at the Chavannes in Les Gets during half term. That was the only noticeable queue. Last week was busier (7min queue).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I went last year to Megeve during half-term. It was extremely busy. Lift queues took 30-40 min up from Rochebrune in town. The conditions weren't great last year, so that might have had something to do with it. Ski school drop off and pick up was a s..tshow. Otherwise, we found it pretty easy to book restaurants and the pistes weren't too packed, the only things that seemed packed were the large gondola lifts.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the feedback.
Lifts have improved greatly over the last 20 years....
I remember a 2 hour queue every morning at Zermatt in the 90s.... watching all the wealthy Arabs get their private helicopters up was disheartening to say the least....

I’m thinking Morzine is the centre of the half term madness in the Haute Savoie ...whereas Chatel stays a bit more tempered.
I like the st gervais set up but it’s lack of any altitude does put me off a bit, although I know les contamines is round the corner. If only they linked it all up.....
Our search for a bolt hole goes on.....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Morzine was quiet this half-term. The only time we queued for a lift was Pleney one morning for about 15mins, around 9am, because they had opened half an hour late so you had all the ski schools trying to go up at the same time.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We had a different experience in Morzine at half term - busy at the Pleney most mornings with queues up for ski school, busy at the lifts to get back from Les Gets. In Chatel the year before, busy on the slopes but the ability to get up via other lifts meant people perhaps more dispersed. Pretty busy everywhere in half term - although less busy in the second half of the week this year in Morzine, when it just rained.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy