Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Starting over

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Hurtle, this forum appeared at just the right time for me, as I was considering a season in the Alps. The information gained (and the offer of a flat) made the whole process much more of a practicable possibility. The best lesson I've ever had was from a fellow snowHead a few weeks ago which allowed me to recover my confidence and enjoy the slopes that much more.

I do wish I'd started at the age of 8 rather than 28.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
KenX wrote:
Monoski in '86..........

Ken you should get to VdI for the Monoski World Cup, held on the last week of the season each each.

It's actually a fun event for seasonaires, but is also taken quite seriously.

You've just missed this year but worth noting for next year.

The rest... I would like to have done a season, but may yet do one. I've got the perfect pad and am glad I didn't buy earlier when I couldn't afford what I have. Actually, no regrets at all.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a few, not particularity major but:
* I wish I had included a season when I took my career break in 2001, back then Diving was more important
* Getting into off-piste earlier - thinking that it was only for the ski gods where in reality my technique was good enough years back, but not my confidence.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dp wrote:
- Finding this forum too late. Honestly not blowing smoke up any bums but this forum has had easily the single biggest impact on my skiing - whether it's knowing where to go, what lessons to have, what kit to buy... or just for going on bashes where I've made good friends and learned so much. I really wish I'd discovered the forum when I started skiing.

I joined after I'd only done a week of skiing, so in that respect was quite early, but I didn't really pay enough attention for the first season. It wasn't until I went on the MYAsH Bash2 that I actually started taking note of advice etc. and by that time I was on week 5 and already thought I could ski. Now with each trip I will improve my skiing, but also realise that I'm not as good as I thought.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd have become an investment banker when I was 22 instead of a bartender.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dp wrote:
..... Finding this forum too late. Honestly not blowing smoke up any bums but this forum has had easily the single biggest impact on my skiing - whether it's knowing where to go, what lessons to have, what kit to buy... or just for going on bashes where I've made good friends and learned so much. I really wish I'd discovered the forum when I started skiing.

This except substitute "earlier" for "when I started skiing"
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Regret no mountains near Croydon when I was as a kid... And not getting a ski apartment earlier...

Very glad I concentrated in French lessons at school, did a season, skied with the local boys from the ski shop who took me off piste... and I met my wife 🤣
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy