Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet in St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've recently spotted a good deal for the Chalet Landhaus Moos in St Anton but I'm a little bit dubious about the location. It's advertised as being "situated just above the village close to the main piste", "near the Krazy Kanguruh and Mooserwirt" and that the resort centre is a 5/10 minute walk down the piste.

Does any one know where this is? Is it a good place to stay? Would I be right in suspecting that a 5/10 minute walk down the piste might translate to a 30 minute walk back up the piste?

Also, the only date we can go is the 16th of April. Is St Anton likely to have good snow at this time of year or would we be better with the high altitude French resorts?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IanS, at least, it's probably closer to a 30mins walk into St Anton using the road and that's all downhill.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David@traxvax, thanks for that. I guess that'll explain why it's so cheap, even for the end of the season.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ian. I'd agree with David@traxvax. It's quite a hike up to that part of the village, which I think is called Oberdorf.

I wouldn't go to St Anton as late as mid April. It's not quite high enough, sadly, and the lower slopes are likely to be soup.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was in St Anton at the end of March three years ago and it was warm enough to wander around the village in a tee shirt. The snow was plentiful at the start of the week but by the end it was pretty dire lower down and icy on the higher slopes. Lech and Zurs seemed to hold up better than St A. Mid April seems a bit late to me, but there again big April dumps of snow are not unheard of.

High altitude places probably a safer bet this late in the year - Val Thorens, Tignes, Les Deux Alpes etc.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
IanS, if you're looking for a snow-sure resort for late April check out La Rosiere, we're always in the resort for the last week of the season, we've frequently had fresh snowfalls and there's usually at least 60 cms in the village. See our ad in snowShops or go to our website www.tracksvacations.com for details, we have availability for that week and snowheads get a discount.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the info everyone, I think I'll forget about that chalet and St Anton for that date (I'd still love to go some other time though).

David@traxvax, I'll look into your offer and might get in touch.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David@traxvax, just noticed your website appears to be down (though I guess it could be my works network, it can be a bit flakey at times)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
IanS, website is fine but thanks for letting me know..
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have stayed in Landhaus Moos a couple of years ago. down the piste on a bin liner about 30seconds. Back up in a cab if you have somebody to share with not too bad, ski bus goes ver close and there is a night service running cant remember until what time though. I liked the house except it wasnt all en-suite. cant fault being close to the Moosserwirt though there is a footpath through the trees which cuts the time down a bit backwards and forwards. Skied late april last year fine up top but had to chair it down in to the village.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Goldsmith

That part of town is know as "Moos" .

Mooserwirt being the local Pub (wirt). Every district of town has a "Landhuis" normally a ver old building but in this case its a new chalet block. It is a hike up from town and like people say around 30mins by road. If your not going into town its gret , right on the piste.

I wouldnt agree with your April comment. St Anton has some of the best skiing of the season in April. Of course the piste down to town is slushy midday onwards but you only need to take that run once.

Skiing up top is fantastic Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy