Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2018/2019 (May 16th Perfect Conditions)

Poster: A snowHead
James the Last wrote:
Markymark29 wrote:
.check your winter sports insurance includes being drunk in charge of a sledge at 50 kph and 180 degree bends! Toofy Grin

It won't even include sledging sober at 5mph.

That's actually a very good point!

EDIT: wintersports add-on package actually does include tobogganing.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks everyone - super helpful. Looks like I need to get some chains to keep in the car! They are gonna be super hard to find, but will check it out @munich_irish, @clarky999, @Mosha Marc,
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@clarky999, this last sunday it was: chains obligatory for all vehicles (no exceptions) on B197 between St.Christoph and St.Jacob.
So for all of St.Anton, chains were obligatory, also coming from Landeck, or from the tunnel.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Langerzug, been going to St.Anton since 1985. Never seen that before. What on earth would you need chains between St. Jakob and St.Anton for?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

http://youtube.com/v/f5lYNgCVwFo
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Steilhang, I think it was the suggestion that chains and sex are much the same thing thats got him going Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
munich_irish wrote:
@Steilhang, I think it was the suggestion that chains and sex are much the same thing thats got him going Very Happy Very Happy

Pity though that he does it solo - but not by his choice. Toofy Grin

Yes, there are parts and times in St Anton when/where chains should be used but, with good snow tyres, they appear to be small. Plan B... use the Bus instead. Much less stress.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ah, the British boys are talking sex now instead. You're too naughty!
Don't forget to take of your shorts when going in the sauna, lads!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

@Langerzug, been going to St.Anton since 1985. Never seen that before. What on earth would you need chains between St. Jakob and St.Anton for?

@Steilhang, Gets giddy when he's 10m above sea level. Same as me first time there in 1987 but i'm presumably the one who gives out bad advice and knows nothing wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Many lifts closed today & most likely most of this week….

After this Storm there is another big one rolling in on Sunday....

Winter is HERE Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@stanton, Too much snow to risk driving over from Switzerland this weekend?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ArlbergMeister, I think it maybe a bit clearer on Friday/Saturday. I would take the train ..
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@stanton, Thanks! And what about getting out on Sunday (if train is taken)? Not that I would mind being stuck in the Arlberg for a few days, but my employer might...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Markymark29 wrote:
Quote:

@Steilhang, Gets giddy when he's 10m above sea level. Same as me first time there in 1987 but i'm presumably the one who gives out bad advice and knows nothing wink

TO be fair in the 80 & early 90 they never cleared the streets in St Jakob & beyond like they do now..& chains were needed in some places down there.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://liveblog.tt.com/live/winter-in-tirol
snow report
Arlberg has plenty of SNOW

http://youtube.com/v/saWmiGG3HFs
snow conditions

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 8-01-19 17:04; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Shocked

hope it lasts until the 26th
latest report
There is now enough snow for the whole season...
snow report
@Mosha Marc, You out on 26th? We're there that week.
snow conditions
Yep, its the annual outing with the outcasts from Wazza Smith; but we've never been to St Anton before.

Should be in resort on the Saturday afternoon so may get out for a couple of hours. We've a warm up on sunday, then intersperse days on our own and days with a guide.

Lazy fat boy touring.

Who are you out with?
snow conditions
Bring it ON !!

https://www.meteoblue.com/de/wetter/vorhersage/woche/st.-anton-am-arlberg_Österreich_2766757
snow conditions
This weekends Dames WorldCup Race in the balance...Thursday training run is already cancelled… Will be a miracle if they can get the course ready in the small window of better weather

https://www.wienerzeitung.at/nachrichten/sport/ski/1011268_St.-Anton-kaempft-um-Weltcup-Comeback.html
snow report
Weather Reports From Zurs

https://www.wetter.at/wetter/oesterreich-wetter/Niki-Fellner-am-Arlberg-Wir-versinken-hier-im-Schnee/362772848
snow report
@Mosha Marc, I’ll PM you.....don’t think you’ll be needing ski touring gear btw, get the fattest skis on you’ve got!
ski holidays
https://wepowder.com/de/forum/topic/263104
snow conditions
Code Red is a bit of an overreaction, for what is a regular puke in west US or north Japan.

But Lech defo living up to its rep as the snow capital of Western Europe.
ski holidays
Whitegold wrote:
Code Red is a bit of an overreaction, for what is a regular puke in west US or north Japan.

But Lech defo living up to its rep as the snow capital of Western Europe.

To put it into perspective...

Jackson Hole's snowiest ever MONTH was 571cm in Dec 1996, at the TOP of the mountain.

Mt Baker's highest MONTHLY snowfall in the last 13 years was Dec 2012 with 637cm.

Whistler currently boasting it's snowiest ever December with 382cm over the MONTH.

Nordkette got that in 3 days, at mid mountain.

With another 130cm on the way in the next three days.

Japan may be a different matter. But their mountains aren't as steep, so less infrastructure is threatened by avalanches.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@clarky999, you're comparing facts with a fact less troll
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/027-crY6gpU
latest report
Can I ask a quick question re the area? I'm considering staying in Pettnau am Arlberg in February. I see there are ski buses during the day but is there a bus that covers the area in evening?
ski holidays

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 9-01-19 0:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
@Raven, Im afraid not...

Once you take last (between 18-18:30hrs) free skibus back to Pettneu your there for the evening..

Only a Taxi back to St Anton ..or walk which takes about 1hr 15min

Thanks. I only really need to get there after skibus times for 1 night, when I arrive around 8pm. Any idea how much I might be looking to pay for a taxi?
latest report
@Raven, Apologies i gave wrong info i forgot about the Stazertal Nightbus...Runs from Terminal West Bus stop G

Im not sure what the cost is but i guess about €5

https://www.stantonamarlberg.com/nl/service/timetables
snow report
stanton wrote:
@Raven, Apologies i gave wrong info i forgot about the Stazertal Nightbus...Runs from Terminal West Bus stop G

Im not sure what the cost is but i guess about €5

https://www.stantonamarlberg.com/nl/service/timetables

Great! Thanks for that. Hmm, lots to think about.
snow report
Yup, night busses are €5. Last free ski bus is 18:00, then there are 2 Postbus options (one just after 18:30, the other €19:30, cost €2.90), and then the night busses through until 3:30.
snow conditions
I see Lech is cut off again due to road closures due to avalanche risk.
snow report
Access to Warth seems blocked too, the ÖATMC is reporting the road closed at Steeg and access to Schröcken not possible either.
latest report
Latest advice on Roads

Not Reacheable/Cutoff due to Avalanche Danger

Lech Zurs
Warth & Schrocken

https://www.meinbezirk.at/landeck/c-lokales/lawinengefahr-galtuer-lech-und-zuers-nicht-erreichbar_a3134901

https://www.vol.at/lech-warth-und-schroecken-von-der-aussenwelt-abgeschnitten/6054831
latest report
Markymark29 wrote:
@Mosha Marc, I’ll PM you.....don’t think you’ll be needing ski touring gear btw, get the fattest skis on you’ve got!

Mind if I drop you a PM regarding guides and touring in St A?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy