Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2018/2019 (May 16th Perfect Conditions)

Poster: A snowHead
Adrian (German) still missing after one year suddenly disappearing from a Hotel construction site in St Anton

Sister believes a crime has been committed

https://www.tt.com/panorama/verbrechen/15094025/seit-einem-jahr-verschollen-raetsel-um-vermissten-arbeiter-in-st-anton
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lech and St Anton on track for a big puke.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Smells like snow in the air ....bring it on ..

Official Weather

A cold front on Friday night will herald in the beginning of windy, in the mountains frequently stormy weather. Wintry cold air will increasingly settle in and heavy snow showers are expected especially in the areas of north-western stau until into Tuesday. Heavy snowfalls will reach the low areas in the valleys particularly from Sunday until Monday. Residual snow showers will abate throughout Tuesday, however, the cold temperatures will continue. A short period of sunny weather forecast for next midweek will be followed by new snowfalls towards the weekend.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

http://youtube.com/v/Xx9qOp2LOZU
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We will be at St Anton for the first time from 16 Dec. I was aware of it's fame for off-piste and the younger members of our group will probably enjoy that. But I'm getting on a bit and less skilled and will stick to the piste. I was slightly alarmed to read elsewhere on snowheads that St Anton blues are more like reds and reds like blacks. Someone suggested that less confident skiers should take the lift back down to the village rather than ski it. We will be at the Nasserein end. Are there any particular pistes that are best avoided by the risk averse?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bring it ON!!

Type "Arlberg" into the Search & Start Graphic the just Smile Happy

http://www.wxcharts.eu/?panel=default&model=gfs,gfs,gfs,gfs&region=alps&chart=overview,850temp,wind10mkph,snowdepth&run=06&step=003&plottype=10&lat=47.130&lon=10.210&skewtstep=0
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@chomski, Dont be put off by the "St Anton is only for experts blah" you often see. While it is fair to say it is not ideal for timid second week skiers most reasonably competent skiers will be fine in normal snow conditions. The biggest pain can be the potential crowds especially on the main run back to the village from Galzig, there are other options from Gampen which are usually quieter. The colour thing is only a guide, the actual snow conditions are more important. An icy, crowded blue home run is much more difficult than most blacks with good snow. Also think about going over to Lech (if you are worried about skiing the Madloch ski route - not difficult, usually excellent snow and beautiful scenery, there are shuttle buses between Zürs and Lech, take the Rufikopf cable car on the way back) lots of gentle runs there.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@chomski, You'll be fine. Make sure you do the night tobogganing, it's not to be missed. Book a table in the Rodelalm (also a good lunch spot) and stop there halfway down. Great fun.

We were novices when we went. There were a couple of blacks that were tough, but there wasn't anywhere we couldn't get to and there's certainly no need to get a lift down.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@chomski, lift down is sometimes a good idea as big crowds on the home run make it a bit tricky. Won't be an issue pre-Christmas.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
There’s a carnage bottleneck spot on the 1 to Galzig, but I seem to remember there’s an easy ski route off to the side of it. Apart from that it’s fine. An instructor once told me that 17 at the back should be red but it’s blue to get more skiers over there. Haven’t been for a few years but going in a couple of weeks. Staying Nazzerein side
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks like Arlberg is right in the eye of the storm! Hope you’ve got snorkels at the ready! Enjoy and be safe...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SH experts, how exposed is Lech? Do they often close their lifts because of high wind? We are hoping to go next weekend (15th) but it looks like another snow storm is brewing next weekend!? Thanks!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Snowy123, it’ll be fine...better than fine. Worst case if lift link closed use the post bus....unless they close the road of course, last season they did exactly that for 5 days and we were stuck in! Awesome snow....go for it.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Markymark29, thanks for your comment. Lech is probably not the worst place to be stuck in!? wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frau Holle is really busy right now Very Happy
snow report
Windy up top today with poor visibility so very few lifts running. Rain in town earlier but has changed to snow. All sorts of conditions experienced on the run from Galzig down via Kandahar to town, from wind blown and hard pack at the top, knee deep powder in the sheltered sections of Kandahar, fairly grippy on the flat past Zammer and then slush at the bottom. Still snowing though.
ski holidays
snow report

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 11-12-18 8:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Anyone know what time the ticket office opens at the Galzig Saturdays?

And also is it walkable with skis from the train st to Galzigbahn?

Thanks
snow conditions
@DanFuller, 08.00ish I think, and yes 100m away
latest report
Markymark29 wrote:
thank you
latest report
@DanFuller,

Easily walkable ...

I can organise you a taxi for €15?
snow report
Ill pay you €15 to store my skis for one night?!?
snow report
DanFuller wrote:
Markymark29 wrote:
thank you

Are you serious? More than 100m! Yes walkable but dose of a walk
snow report
Are you serious? More than 100m! Yes walkable but dose of a walk[/quote]

Can anyone also confirm if any of the shops can store skis if you aren’t renting from them? And also secure storage during the day for valuables etc whilst I ski?
latest report
I think you can hire lockers at the ski hire places near Galzig lift, well you could a few years ago
snow conditions
Yeah I think you can at Alber Ski Hire, just seen online but can’t see if it’s a secure box or just rack
snow conditions
There are lockers at the station, if you turn up in the morning and cant or dont want to go to your accommodation before skiing you can use them. Alber Sport at the Nassereinbahn have lockers you can hire, no reason to think the other branches would be different but drop them a mail, you might need to book in advance at busy times.

The station is a bit more than 100m from the Galzigbahn but it is a walkable distance even in ski boots carrying skis, its not much further than the taxi rank or bus stops, driving time in a taxi would be about 60 seconds....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
munich_irish wrote:
There are lockers at the station, if you turn up in the morning and cant or dont want to go to your accommodation before skiing you can use them. Alber Sport at the Nassereinbahn have lockers you can hire, no reason to think the other branches would be different but drop them a mail, you might need to book in advance at busy times.

The station is a bit more than 100m from the Galzigbahn but it is a walkable distance even in ski boots carrying skis, its not much further than the taxi rank or bus stops, driving time in a taxi would be about 60 seconds....

I’m arriving in Austria before the rest of my party on the Friday (chalet opens to me Sunday) so I was going to stay in Innsbruck Friday and Sat night, then just get the train each morning into SA to Ski. Given it’s an hour journey I wanted to be able to watch my iPad on the way in, hence the need to find a secure locker for each day(and skis at night).
snow conditions
Just rent skis its much easier....than hauling your own all over Austria

Renting is back in vogue last 5 yrs.
snow conditions
[quote="stanton"]Just rent skis its much easier....than hauling your own all over Austria

Transporting them don’t bother me and last time I looked no one stocked Black Crows
ski holidays
@DanFuller, Jennewein stock BC's in hire fleet
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:
@DanFuller, Jennewein stock BC's in hire fleet

189s with Market griffin bindings?
snow conditions
Looks like some nice dumpage overnight... https://twitter.com/stantonreview/status/1072022773239857152?s=21
ski holidays
FYI..

Its POW day so KK & Taps are closed today ... KK closed until Thursday....

Moose is Open..
snow conditions
[quote="DanFuller"]
stanton wrote:
Just rent skis its much easier....than hauling your own all over Austria

Transporting them don’t bother me and last time I looked no one stocked Black Crows

If your Skiing in Arlberg,, learn on these first !

latest report
I learnt on something worse when I was a youngun. No edges and floppy like jelly
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/LYrlLHmGisA
snow conditions
Arlberg has been behind many of the others with respect to open pistes to date and has had 40kms max mostly by Lech according to the open lifts. Any reason for this? Will it be addressed in the coming days after this weather?
ski holidays
@Redial, Off Season,,,No need to Groom 300km of Carpet for less than 500 customers at his time of the season.

It is still snowing.once it has eased off they will get out those terrible machines, create autobahns & make it dangerous for everyone
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy