Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2018/2019 (May 16th Perfect Conditions)

Poster: A snowHead
@stevekirby. Thanks. To me it always seems a strange business model to shut your apres ski bar in early April while there there are still paying customers on the slopes considering there's a 7 month gap when they won't be making any (or little) money at all all Summer/Autumn.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@SteveKirby, Most of the Apres Ski Huts on the Hill Close early nowadays with exception of Moose & Griabli but even the Moose Closed one week before the end of last season.

Easter is late so they do not get people in Town to make it economic to run a business like that and in case at the end of the season the service is as bad as it gets !!

Come April most Europeans are thinking of Sun & Beach Holidays not Winter and so are the Staff/Employees !
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jw83113, Apres Ski Business Model is 3 Months Jan to Feb FULL on ….Xmas & Silvestor are just a bonus but its those three months that makes it for them. Open an extra Month (April) they are losing money

Moose employs over 60 staff
KK emloys over 30
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stanton, makes sense I suppose. There’s still plenty of places to get a beer Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
New POW this week ,looking like Thursday...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Its been raining a little bit today...maybe some snow tonight..

Typical April Weather
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fresh Powder this morning!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Do you think that tomorrow will be unbearably busy, given the fresh snow, reasonable weather forecast and absurd amount of events (Longboard Classics, Food Festival, Dirndl day)?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

http://youtube.com/v/laNoVDf_1iI
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks amazing. Is it possible to rent an outfit and participate? Thinking of next year.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Longboard classics look like fun as well. https://www.instagram.com/longboardclassicstuben/ However, it would prefer to have them not in my backyard (i.e. when I am coming to visit).
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fantastic Conditions with live Jazz music all over the hill this weekend..
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stanton wrote:
Fantastic Conditions with live Jazz music all over the hill this weekend..

Grrr been banned from skiing for a few weeks by my physio, minor knee tweak. Will have to stick with cycling until next season Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Weather has turned..colder,cloudy damp conditiona at least next 3 days.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The weather wasnt as bad as I expected today. The sun even made a few appearances in the afternoon. The very top of galzig was in cloud for most of the morning but was ok once you dropped down a bit and the snow conditions were good with a thin layer of powder at that level. Tomorrow looks similar and Wednesday possibly worse.
ski holidays
Weather was ok in lech today though light was a bit flat. Currently raining in st anton at moose level. Looks like snow around 2000m level though.
snow report
Most Mountain Bars now closed or closing iin next couple of days..

Moose & Sennahutte probably only two remain open for Easter
snow conditions
The underground closes on Sunday. We were there last night and one of the staff mentioned it.
latest report
jw83113 wrote:
The underground closes on Sunday.

That dive should of Closed 10 years ago Very Happy
ski holidays
Agree. Was in there last month. Total atmosphere void. Guitar player was shoite
snow conditions
Official Weather

The Alps will get between a massive Scandinavian low and an Italian low in a lively and rather cold north-easterly current. The high-pressure influence will slightly increase, the inflow of humid, partly low-stratus air masses will continue and a significant change in weather is not expected at least until the weekend. Mostly dry conditions are expected. A stronger influence of the Scandinavian high is expected but not before next week. Despite that the weather character will remain slightly changeable, typical April weather is expected. Anyway, it will become milder.
latest report
First released 10 days ago ...

http://youtube.com/v/CFKS0-Mm-Ik
latest report
@stanton, so says Thomas Pichler!! Heading out to Lech/St Anton on Sunday so Mrs Skimastaaah can get to Strolz's Sale early enough for some new ski kit. Looks like snow depths are rather good, forecast seems typical April change-able, and hopefully pistes will be quiet.
snow conditions
skimastaaah wrote:
@stanton, so says Thomas Pichler!! Heading out to Lech/St Anton on Sunday so Mrs Skimastaaah can get to Strolz's Sale early enough for some new ski kit. Looks like snow depths are rather good, forecast seems typical April change-able, and hopefully pistes will be quiet.

Its been quiet on the pistes since monday especially today as the weather wasnt good. Even the kandahar run was half empty at 3.30pm despite happy valley being shut for the last 2 days due to 4 or 5 avalanches along its length. Even the moose staff are sitting around for long periods looking for people to serve beer to. It makes a nice change compared to when we were here at feb 1/2 term.
snow report
I am hearing rumours that the Lift Company in the next few seasons may end season 2-3 weeks earlier regardless of snow conditions

Much Reduced April Numbers do not justify

It is being studied...
latest report
If that rumour has its origin in this very specific season (problematic due to very late Easter), it probably just is a rumour...
ski holidays
@jw83113, I've skied the Arlberg at peak periods quite a few times and been stuck in bottle-necks like Zug, Ruffi, Galzig and others, so I know just how busy things can get.
April has been a bit of a gamble that has worked well for weather, snow conditions, quiet pistes, and better prices. No KK/Moosy pizzed-up prats on the loose either.

Lech's weather forecast looks okay for next week, snow depths are pretty good, so what's not to love about late season skiing in the Arlberg?
latest report
The snow depth and condition in all the arlberg except the lowest slopes in St Anton and the final run to lech is really good for April. It's noticably colder today and the fang run down from gampen to st anton was suprisingly solid snow around 10.30am. Now in St Christoph and the conditions look more like Feb than April except much fewer people.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some snow in the Arlberg overnight, about 3/4 inches in the valley. Overcast but bright with frequent clouds but generally great conditions for mid-April. Snow depth is still considerable with decent freshies on top. Pistes look quiet.
latest report
@jw83113, .....much less people for a reason, might be decent now but February it ain’t.
snow conditions
Langerzug wrote:
If that rumour has its origin in this very specific season (problematic due to very late Easter), it probably just is a rumour...
more than a rumour , it is being discussed reviewed on commercial grounds only
latest report
Wall to wall sunshine Factor 30 today! Best snow was early in Salober/Schroeken, but pistes over there were busy with families.

Skied back to the hotel in Zug at lunchtime to take off a layer and helmet, only the schuss in to Zug was slush-puppy. The afternoon run from top of Steinmahder lift was becoming corn by 13.30, and the rest of Lech was pants by 14.00.

Another couple of Aperol/Beers at the Hotel Krone, ended the day.
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/7ELICDE9ciU
snow report
skimastaaah wrote:
@jw83113, I've skied the Arlberg at peak periods quite a few times and been stuck in bottle-necks like Zug, Ruffi, Galzig and others, so I know just how busy things can get.
April has been a bit of a gamble that has worked well for weather, snow conditions, quiet pistes, and better prices. No KK/Moosy pizzed-up prats on the loose either.

Lech's weather forecast looks okay for next week, snow depths are pretty good, so what's not to love about late season skiing in the Arlberg?

The best skiing in the Alps (onpiste) is always in March and April.

But global warming means Mar and Apr at sealevel across Europe is getting hotter and sunnier every year... which in turn makes people less likely to go skiing.
snow report
@Whitegold, Madloch down to Zug this morning was excellent. A slight (3 minutes) queue at the Madlochjochbahn lift (the only time we've queued this week) prolly because the St Anton skiers got across to Zurs. First thing this morning Ruffikopf was good, Tritkopf disappointing mainly due to Freeze/thaw, however Muggengrat-tali run was half decent and quite quiet. Afternoon spent in Lech but even top of Steinmahder was slush by 13.00 so had leisurely lunch at Rud Alpe.

Now in St Anton (busier than I thought it would be) for the rest of the week, lower end into Galzig centre looks usual end of season pants. So I'm not expecting great conditions tomorrow seeing as temperature in Zug when I left earlier was 18C. Shocked
snow report
@skimastaaah, try Rendl should be better north facing
ski holidays
Der weisse Rausch 2019 - LIVE

LIVE this Sunday, 21. April 2019 - start of live coverage 16:00 Uhr

https://livestream.com/accounts/4598016/events/8627034/player?width=830&height=467&enableInfoAndActivity=true&defaultDrawer=feed&autoPlay=true&mute=false&wmode=transparent
snow report
@Markymark29, Tomorrow I'm getting ahead of the St Anton crowds by driving first thing to Alpe Rauz, skiing Stuben early then sticking to the front side of Zurs which today was virtually empty. I agree that Rendl would be a good proposition, but Mrs Skimastaaah wants to lunch in Lech again! We'll be using the hire-car to avoid the crowds!
ski holidays
Surprised to hear the “crowds” word being used. I have never been in the Arlberg after mid-March, so no first-hand experience, but I have always imagined that there would be tumbleweeds on the pistes by now (apart from the Easter weekend). Not so?

In Australia, after the first week of September, which roughly equates to mid March-April in Europe, most resorts are pretty much deserted. It seems not to matter how good the snow is... people have switched off skiing. Tour buses have stopped going up. Some businesses have already closed. The lift company starts running lifts selectively.
snow conditions
@ulmerhutte, Crowds...

Total Nonsense
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy