Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2018/2019 (May 16th Perfect Conditions)

Poster: A snowHead
Released today, video from 12 march. It is not mentioned, but obviously it is St.Christoph in the background.
They were lucky, no casualties, it is said
But seeing the number of skiers, the tracks... I’m quitting off piste I think...

https://www.nu.nl/266652/video/filmende-skier-veroorzaakt-lawine-in-de-oostenrijkse-alpen.html
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That was posted on the Val d'Isere thread a couple of days ago. Indeed very lucky no serious consequences. The horde of skiers were most definitely breaking the one skier at a time rule. Easy to say whilst sitting at a keyboard but it did not look safe at all, especially given the high winds over the previous days. Being in a crowd is really not a good idea but sunshine and powder snow can encourage reckless and thoughtless behaviour especially after a number of days of bad weather. Glad everyone came to no real harm.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Video has been on social media for quite a few days now. Mostly Swedish ski bums, one of which is heard saying that maybe he should turn his transceiver on, and mate next to him saying he should do the same... Very lucky.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Langerzug, the one thing I noticed that day was that I reckon 50% of the skiers were going off piste, leaving the piste condition pretty fecking awesome.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@munich_irish, but this is just below Galzig, a very busy spot. And the Galzig-St.Christoph route hardly an extreme tour.
Realizing this can happen here, with this number of people already having passed the critical spot...It really makes one think...
Additionally, also last week a Lech skiguide died in the well known Klemm tour (from Lech-Mohnenfluh to Schröcken). Leading a group of 10, they got stuck at the top in fog. The guide (a 78 year old Lech local) went ahead to see where to go. He fell in a steep rocky area and died. The remaining group was rescued by helicopter. A rather dramatic story...
But again, it makes you think, really.....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep..they were Swedish...

The slope from Top of Osthang to St Christoph has ALWAYS been dangerous..direct exposure to Westerlt Wind...

The Slope can go at anytime in the season...its one reason the ski company are reluctant to mark the ski route
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 21-03-19 12:56; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Incredible conditions .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've just received a strange email response from Reselehof Hotel near Nasserein gondola.
Been there this March and planned to return next January, they wrote me that next season they plan to only open for weekends... Being tired and stuff after many years of continuous work Nov-April.
That's weird... Maybe I've eaten too much at breakfasts...
Any other recommendation for a good 3 stars B&B/hotel in a central location at a reasonable price in Arlberg?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@drporat, They are giving up the Resselhof (Selling) . They will build a private house across the street in the Resselhof Car Park.

He hasn't been the same since he broke his leg...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@stanton, that would be a shame as it is a really good place though not easy to get a booking, though most places are like that. Perhaps if it is weekends only that would make it easier to get a place!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The place was clean and warm, with good breakfasts. I gazed from the street at their private windows, the wooden ceiling looks amazing. They are a kind couple, specially Marie. Hope evth will be OK with them.
How is Haus Batisti?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I just left Haus Mallaun in Lech today. Great location, quiet, affordable. Third year in a row, and there will be a fourth. Monika is a sweet lady, I won’t stay anywhere else.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow tomorrow Monday 25 March
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not a Great Day to be on the Hill … Rain & Snow … Higher Lifts ALL been Closed

Down here in Innsbruck its all Umbrellas

https://innsbruck-airport.panomax.com/?cu=en-GB
ski holidays
ski holidays
Does anybody know the piste number that is the Kandahar downhill piste?
Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
@Jerby, I presume you mean the race route? (there are two "Kandahar" black pistes one from Galzig and one from Kapall). The start hut is just below the restaurant at Kapall and the finish along side the Kindlisfeld drag lift (there is permanent tribune seating). The route itself can vary a bit but is basically the two blacks 42 & 34. From what I saw back in January (they were dismantling the camera towers when I was there) the route for the cancelled downhill would have included the short ski route - 32, which is normally a mogul pitch but guess would have been a jump for the race.
ski holidays
Yeah, the race route is as above, the Kapall black down to the Gampen drags where it takes a cut on to blue 31 for access to the Eisfall itinerary on to the Fang black down to the WM stadium.
ski holidays
Yes, sorry the race route. Excellent thank you.
snow report
Originally, when St. Anton annually hosted a men's downhill, the race route went past the KK, on skier's left, taking in a spectacular jump that is the roadway, before swinging left down to the finish area by the Galzigbahn base. At the KK jump, from some angles, the racers looked as if they might entangle themselves midair in the cables on the nearby pylon!
snow report
@davidthornton, The old Race Route was Spectacular
snow report
@stanton, bloody hell, you must be as old as me, couldn't possibly be older and still skiing!! Laughing
ski holidays
Perfekt Day. Blue sky

30 cms new POW on the hill this morning.....

Bachseite freshlines all morning
snow report
davidthornton wrote:
@stanton, bloody hell, you must be as old as me, couldn't possibly be older and still skiing!! Laughing

After thewvent the racers would all come back up to the KK to party until midnight and beyond.....
ski holidays
Mr. Green

ski holidays
Fab
snow conditions
4-6 metre base
...the season is only just starting Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton wrote:
Perfekt Day. Blue sky

30 cms new POW on the hill this morning.....

Bachseite freshlines all morning

Really? How many times did you walk up? I mean, you keep telling us how you don’t have, or don’t buy, lift tickets.
snow conditions
@ulmerhutte, just once skinup from St Christoph... Very Happy
snow report
Unfortunately the Danish Ski Tourer who fell 60 metres down a 45 degree slope (Rossfallwinkel ) last Friday has died

https://www.tt.com/panorama/unfall/15466507/tourengeher-in-st-anton-bei-60-meter-absturz-toedlich-verletzt
snow conditions
I hear that the Albers are planning to build a 100 room hotel next to the Angelika. Downtown St. Anton now moving Westwards.
ski holidays
@davidthornton, presume you mean at Vadiesen? If so surprised they can get planning permission to concrete over more farming land. Imagine it will be a good money making machine though.
snow report
No, not there, by the Angelika alongside the Galzigbahn. As I say downtown St Anton moving up Alte Arlbergstrasse.
ski holidays
munich_irish wrote:
@davidthornton, presume you mean at Vadiesen? If so surprised they can get planning permission to concrete over more farming land. Imagine it will be a good money making machine though.

Vadiesen's Pettneu, not St Anton. The one in Anton is right behind the Alber by the Galzigbahn
ski holidays
@Sitter, yes that's right, by the Galzigbahn.
snow report
@davidthornton, crossed post, was typing mine as you posted yours!
ski holidays
Winter is returning next week Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
@stanton. Good timing, I'll be on my way to St Anton a week from now !

Does anybody know the closing dates for the Apres ski bars this year ? I know the Heustadl is usually one of the first to close down, and the Moose the last but just wondering what will be open when I'm down there. Also is Gunar still playing most nights in the Murmell or has he finished for the season ?
ski holidays
KK closing party is Sat 6th, which seems a bit premature considering when Easter is? Cuba, Underground, Basecamp and Moose are usually open to the death, but not sure about Piccadilly this year.....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy