Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any catered chalet recommendations for Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've always ski'd in France because of the advantage of driving or the Eurostar to be able to ski the changeover days, and self-catered apartments worked well for our small family or sometimes two families. Next season there are ten of us though, so we'd like to get a sole occupancy catered chalet so we don't have the admin of shopping, cooking, cleaning etc for so many! Plus we'll have three 10 year olds that's we'd like to be able to put to bed at reasonable times while the adults continue the apres wink

Some of our group are on a tighter budget though, and so I'm trying to find options other than France where the prices on the mountain arent so high - we were paying 7.50 euros for a hot chocolate and 9-12 euros for a beer in Tignes last month!

Bulgaria have got great chalet options and the costs are much lower, but the reviews of the resorts arent so good - which we don't want to sacrifice on. So I've been looking at Italy and read that the ski quality is good, the food excellent, and the costs are much cheaper than France - but sole occupancy catered chalets are few and far between - I'm struggling to find any so far.

Does anyone have any recommendations of Italian chalet owners or companies to try? Or experience of anywhere else where we get better value for money than France?

Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sole occupancy, but I’d recommend Collett’s Mountain Holidays. They have chalets and hotels based in various locations, including the stunning Dolomites. The meals are chalet board, ie breakfast, tea and cake, dinner with wine. Also packed lunches can be made to order. Always a sociable friendly atmosphere. They also have apartments that you can rent but still go and eat at their chalets/hotels. Have stayed with them twice and will definitely be back.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sempre Ski in Bardonecchia? They seem flexible, single property type and helpful people (never been, just get a feel from looking at 2 million ski websites!)
Just across the border from France so driveable, without looking I don’t know but I think big enough for your group
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry I still stand by the sempre ski suggestion but I misread your group size......thought you had 10 kids so 20 odd in total! Think it holds 16-20
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy