Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hard boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone ride a carving board?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i saw a few people learning on these last week.. full on board beginners. surely learning on a normal board first would be easier and more benficial.. ive never used one but i saw two guys who looked quite tidy cutting some big grooves out of the piste..
cant see the appeal myself but never say never
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bit one dimensional thought, aren't they?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not to mention you haver to wear ski boots??........enough to put you off.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Philip Prior, yeah what will people think when u walk intothe bar at the end of the day Shocked
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CANV CANVINGTON, Philip Prior, Doesn't look appealing. Why not leave your plastic boots at the door and do something fun?? Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CANV CANVINGTON wrote:
Philip Prior, yeah what will people think when u walk intothe bar at the end of the day Shocked

I'd think you'd come to your senses and taken up skiing. wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I noticed that a few of the boarder cross riders in Turin were in hard boots. If I could ride like them, I'd put up with hard boots.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Masque wrote:
Anyone ride a carving board?

Yes, a burton wire, it belongs to Mrs Ise really but it's sensational fun to use sometimes.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ise, got to say I've been a bit tempted on more than one occasion but never found a shop that hires the kit, add to that I've got a bit lardy lately (but getting better) and the only thing I do in a 'park' is bleed. Do any DIN ski boots fit an alpine board binding?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Masque, all ski boots will fit but the lean is not ideal.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masque, I ride a carving board.

Regarding comfort, I think plastic boots have the potential to be more comfortable than soft boots when properly fitted since the pressures are totally evenly distributed over the whole foot. I started off with soft boots but they killed my feet (9 years ago now admittedly). Next I flirted with clickers which where basically hard boots disguised as soft boots with none of the adjustability. They also killed my feet so I switched to using my ski boots which had been fitted and are totally comfortable. Then in my second season, I got a carving board and some proper snowboard hard boots.

Philip Prior, maybe limiting for you but the vast majority of adult boarders just use a board as an alternative way of getting down the same piste as the skiers. They might find hard boots a good choice.

Masque, it is getting pretty difficult to buy hard boot gear now, leave alone hire it. There is plenty of cheap second hand stuff knocking around on ebay.de though. Like ise says, ski boots can be used but snowboard hard boots are very soft compared to ski boots. They also have sole lengths optimised to be as short as possible. The bevelled soles mean hard boots cannot be used with ski bindings although they can be used with snow blades. There are also very effective stepin bindings available for hard boots.

2 links for you
http://www.alpinecarving.com/ is a comprehensive resource for all aspects.
http://www.extremecarving.com/ for the best advert for alpine boarding.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And another link http://www.bomberonline.com/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy