Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TV Programme about Italian Dolomites this evening

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just a heads up to those sHs who like the Italian Dolomites that there is a travel programme about them called Wild Escapes on BBC 2 from 7pm to 7:30pm this evening.

Quote from BBC website:
"Anita Rani and JJ Chalmers journey to Italy's stunning Dolomite Mountains for a raucous three-day mini adventure. Incredible food, stunning hiking, a bit of bottom slapping and a rather itchy alpine spa experience await.

Stepping off the tourist trail completely, Anita and JJ want to uncover the true Dolomites experience, ditching the tourist guides and uncovering the hidden gems the locals know about. While former Royal Marine JJ is keen to get stuck into the 'Via Ferrata' high mountain walkways built during WW1, Anita delves into the rich food culture of the region - which borrows from both Italian and German influences - as well as discovering some rather peculiar traditions - notably a very itchy alpine spa experience and the schuhplattler, a violent dance that mimics the courting ritual of the wild grouse.

With a guide itinerary that packs in a week's worth of activities into just one long weekend, the travel-mad duo want to show us that you don't have to go to the ends of the Earth and spend a fortune to have the holiday adventure of a lifetime. Follow their lead and you can find everything you could ever want at the end of a short hop flight."

The mention of the Via Ferrata walkways built during WW1 suggests that there might well be some footage of the Lagazuoi or Marmolada areas (familiar to Birthday Bashers), whilst some scenes of the food culture might well appeal to the gastronomically inclined. Madeye-Smiley

The bottom slapping may also appeal to certain sHs..... Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Catwoman knows JJ and I got drunk with his dad (former head of church of Scotland) at a wedding in a brewery (yes in a brewery).

Nice chap apparently.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
a wedding in a brewery
hmmmmmm might be worth going for number 3 . . . yeah . . right rolling eyes
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
JJ Chalmers

Thought you meant Judith at first Embarassed and wondered how on earth she was still doing active holiday programmes in her eighties!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@maggi, Nah ex RM commando.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I watch the programme and thought it pretty tedious. However last night I stumbled on this one where another BBC presenter (or so I'm told) climbed the Grande Cima the largest of the Tre Cima. (Grosse Zinnen, Drei Zinnen). It was beautiful. See https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0b3pw7m/steve-backshall-v-the-monster-mountain
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
^

Beautifully filmed, irritatingly presented. Or so I found it. I collected a large number of "dislikes" on another forum for expressing that opinion.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy