Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

eXXpozed.co.uk .....caution

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I just want to make anyone it might effect aware that eXXpozed.co.uk are not actually a UK company despite a .co.uk domain name. They are based in Germany. They also don't believe they are covered by the Consumer Contracts Legislation (this replaced the Distant Selling Regulations in 2013) which protects us all when we buy online. The net result for me was that I placed an order on them on 27 February 2018, which I then cancelled less than 5 hours later. I have only yesterday finally got my money back. Despite acknowledging my cancellation the day after I sent it they still insisted that they had to ship it. They then insisted that I would be responsible for the return postage cost [incorrect as I cancelled prior to delivery]. They then also claimed that my cancellation wasn't valid as I didn't use a specific form. Both these last 2 points are in contradiction with the Regulations. Trading Standards are investigating.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A good reason to pay with a credit card for extra protection
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can also use "chargeback" if they're unreasonable, so a debit card would work equally well. Banks sometimes need it explaining to them, but then so do credit card companies.

The days of transparently dealing with European companies are limited I suppose.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
there is no requirement to be a UK company to register and use a .co.uk address.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@skimottaret, I'd think most of us would assume a company with co.uk was a UK company, though. I know I would.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Does every site with a .com address imply that they are a company Wink I know I wouldn't assume that Smile

Same goes for .org addresses, one would assume they are charities or not for profit but not always, for instance look at basi.org.uk

anyone can register any type of address, you shouldn't assume they are even "companies"...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
First rule with any new site you are thinking of using, is to check the ‘contact us’ page. If there is only a mail form, with no phone numbers or physical address, then be wary. This page will usually give you the country where they are located.

There are plenty of large sports companies using .co.uk domains, and I’ve bought from most of them without issue. I have experienced similar issues with a request to change an order hours before it was shipped, or even the day before it was shipped. I guess these companies have pickers in a large warehouse who have no access to the admin systems, and they just fullfill any order that appears in their work queue.

Anyway, I’ve bought from eXXposed.co.uk a few times without issue.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
maggi wrote:
... I'd think most of us would assume a company with co.uk was a UK company, though. I know I would. ..

It's scary to think that so much of our stuff is now internet based, yet apparently some people have no grasp of how it works at all.
I don't mean to be rude, I'm just amazed.
It's probably worth reading up on some of this stuff as it is important.

Whilst we're at it, most ski companies will serve different content depending on where you're hitting their site from, so you'll see different selections of equipment (and different prices...) depending on where you're sitting in the world. They do this by directing your requests based on the location of your IP address. It's not completely reliable, but mostly it works. That allows people like Burton to maintain price differentials around the world, for example.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@philwig, not even drifting away but it really annoys me that whenever I clear cookies etc., skyscanner (Scottish) default to German (Swisscom IP) despite being in Geneva (French) and every native setting on my PC incl. Windows base being English.... Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It does say very clearly on their website their shop is in Germany, so reasonable to assume they are based there and just ship to UK. They are a legitimate business.

It sounds like you are making a bit of a mountain out of a molehill. You got your money back so just leave it at that. I can't imagine they are going to miss the custom of someone that cancels orders after 5 hours of ordering, which seems like a bit of a strange thing to do!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I should think that five hours down the line, the order would be on its way. Seems a little strange to cancel 5 hours later, did you find it cheaper elsewhere?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Plenty of .co.uk that are in fact based in continental Europe - Alpinetrek, glisshop, etc. FWIW - I have ordered from Expozzed with no problems .
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FWIW Exxposed also have .de for their main domain, and I assume .whatever for whatever other languages they use.

I tried to buy from them a few months back but their payment processor wouldn't work for about two weeks, so I gave up. Shame, as their prices were v good.

Also @philwig +1 - especially when it comes to American Senators, apparently Confused
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

First rule with any new site you are thinking of using, is to check the ‘contact us’ page. If there is only a mail form, with no phone numbers or physical address, then be wary.

if German, then be even warier. They have an even stricter rules+regs about publishing contact details than UK does. Practically every communication will list all manner of information including details of directors and even the company registration details.

But that site very clearly has an address even on the front page (unlike several "genuine" UK based sites that try to hide and only allow webform contact). And the store is on google maps, and you can even see inside.

Never heard of them though.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PowderAdict wrote:
First rule with any new site you are thinking of using, is to check the ‘contact us’ page. If there is only a mail form, with no phone numbers or physical address, then be wary. This page will usually give you the country where they are located.

Their website makes it clear that they're in Germany if you scroll down the home page, including a neat precis of the history of the company.

Sounds like they were a bit awkward to the OP, but cancelling an order can be troublesome with a number of places, especially if it's a few hours down the line. To be blunt, don't click "confirm" on something that you don't intend to buy.
latest report
Quote:

I should think that five hours down the line, the order would be on its way.

This^

If the stock is on the shelf and ordered and paid for within a couple of hours of their postage cut-off time, it's highly probable that they've picked packed and prepped for postage. Whilst not ideal for the end consumer this costs money to the supplier and whilst ultimately covered in most respects by the appropriate regs is a pain.

I've had similar situations, customer orders, pays. I fulfill order (as it fits in with the window) then they cancel, but I've already spent money getting their order ready for posting. I'm not suggesting their customer service is perfect but to suggest they are 'suspect' based on one order cancelled shortly after is not fair in my view.
snow conditions
I have used eXXpozed before (about 2 years ago) and all went ok eventually, delivery was a bit slow, but a very good price , even if all the voucher codes you could use was rather confusing, and the site didn't work very well in firefox, but they responded very quickly to emails, (in English and German, when I had sent an email in my poor schoolboy German) the goods were fine, which was an ortovox backpack.
snow report
They are a legit site and I've bought from them before with no problem although shipping wasn't quick.
I'd always do my homework before any online purchase to check the vendor has a real address, which exxpozed obviously do.
As for not adhering to UK Consumer Contracts Legislation they have to adhere to the EU version hence the OP actually got his/her money back.
If you want to see a worse company for flouting the regulations ignore the xenophobia and look at sports direct, I ordered some something from them in January (which was shown in stock) I paid for next day delivery it didn't turn up. I tried to cancel the delivery after 2 days and received an email reply saying they couldn't cancel as it was been sent (denied by the courier firm). I waited a further 2 weeks - no goods. Their telephone lines say that they are not working and you need to complain online. Online complaints never replied to, I had to open a PayPal despute which they didn't respond to eventually getting a refund from PayPal. looking at online reviews this doesn't seem to be uncommon and I assume they hope some people forget to charge back and loose their money.
ski holidays
Dreadful Experience is a Gross Understatement

Ordered a a pair of Mammut trousers on 01/01/2019 they were very quick to take my money and tell me my item had been dispatched. Using the DHL port hole I tracked my parcel, for a week the parcel in Germany didnt move, so I emailed customer service. My parcel arrived, it had taken 10 days to arrive, however the item was partially make so had to return it, which I did the following day. Exxpozed told me they are returning the item to the manufactures and this might take 2/3 weeks. I sent the item back using ParcelForce via UK post office as directed, I cant track my item via Post Office or ParcelForce and DHL tells me to contact the UK, ParcelForce tell me UK DHL has it yet I cant track it or talk to anyone. Exxpozed and DHL have been no help. I used PayPal which are very good with dealing with recovering money spent with useless online scammers; it looks as if I will be lodging a recovery with PayPal very soon. Shop here are your own risk, I will never ever shop here again, I will happly pay more for a better service which is not hard, a child could do better. For resellers which Exxpozed are its all about the after sales service and they get a 0/10 shocking.
latest report
@McVeigh2015, sounds like your probolem there is really with the courier, not the shop?
latest report
skimottaret wrote:
anyone can register any type of address

Not the case any more. Unless you're in the EU (and for domain purchases that now precludes the UK) you can't register a .eu domain.
.org is also a bit 'chaperoned' these days.

probably some other restrictions too.
ski holidays
clarky999 wrote:
@McVeigh2015, sounds like your probolem there is really with the courier, not the shop?
yes I would agree, however as they are resellers all they are doing is posting the item on , so the service be it 3rd party is shocking which reflects on them too .
snow conditions
I've bought stuff from them several times and had no issues and I've returned a couple of items and again no issues getting my money refunded.

Not quite sure how having problems with the PostOffice/ParcelForce/DHL service makes exxposed "scammers" Puzzled
snow report
@adithorp, when you had an issue and returned, did you contact them first? I have an issue with something I bought from them, I contacted them via their email address on Mon and heard nothing back yet...
ski holidays
They are a good company, used them on a few occasions no issues.
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:
@adithorp, when you had an issue and returned, did you contact them first? I have an issue with something I bought from them, I contacted them via their email address on Mon and heard nothing back yet...

I cant remember (that post was 4yrs ago). Maybe I emailed them or found a returns link on the website.
ski holidays
Likewise do not buy from
PictureOrganicuk.com
Scam site, I got scammed !
snow conditions
@susieski, why did you buy ski stuff from a site with a title like that??
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Seemed legit !!
Large site still up.
Never been scammed before but not loosing sleep over it
ski holidays
It’s : pictureorganicuk.com
ski holidays