Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Will i find accommodation if i just turn up????

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, am planning a short ski break for 2 people in March for 4 nights. I can easily book flights to Chambery and hire a car,but I am finding vacancies and apartment booking for anything less than a week near impossible. Can anyone help? Would i find a place to stay if i just turned up? Cheers,Oliver. ps thinking of Les Arcs,Courchevel,any high altitude resort.[/b]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
olivercigar, welcome to snowHeads snowHead . Short lets are best booked at the last moment - as hotels, etc, are only likely to let for a short period if they have failed to let for a week. I would suggest you book flights then get on the telephone a week before you travel to find accomodation.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When in March are you travelling? I have an apartment in Les Arcs which is available 6-17 March. Although my minimum let is a week, the price is very reasonable and will probably be similar to what you might pay for a four-day booking (if you could find soemwhere which doesn't require saturday-saturday bookings). Follow the link in my signature if you'd like more information about my apartment.

PS: Welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
olivercigar, Welcome to SnowHeads. I have an apartment in Serre Chevalier which is available from the 21st March up until the 2nd April. Available by the night too, but only outside school holidays. Again, follow the link in my signature for details. We had heaps of snow last weekend too!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
olivercigar, welcome to snowheads, see what happens you get inundated with offers! We normally book Sunday to Sunday but we do have some availability in March and we are taking short bookings, when do intend to travel? Have a look at our ad in snowShops or go to www.tracksvacations.com if you like what you see we can easily work out a cost per night.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 23-02-06 12:45; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 brian
brian
... and if you're going in the 2nd half of March, you can book a short break in the same building as Rob's appt. They're available from the 18th-31st on a per night basis.

http://www.pierre-vacances.com/scripts/fiche_produit.php?id_ofr=1&code_mrq=mgm

They offer short breaks in a few other places as well.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
olivercigar, I have an appartment rented in Alpe D'Huez for the remainder of the season. It sleeps 4, but is a basic ski appartment so no berooms to yourself.

Happy for you to share it for a weekend at the bargain price of £30 per person per night (self catering) but you would have to share with 2 other people (myself and another) for the duration.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll sort it out for you.

jamesnathan@hotmail.co.uk
snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi guys. Thanks for your welcome and quick responses. I was thinking of going from 23rd till 27th March. Rob, your app looks great but unfortunately our dates don't match,sorry. Again thankyou all for my kind welcome,i'm sure i will sort something out for my mini trip!!.

Regards,Oliver. Little Angel
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
olivercigar, OK. Good luck in finding something suitable. Should be OK that late in March...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Try www.chaletgroup.com as a source for short term trips.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
olivercigar, on those dates you'd be virtually certain to find somewhere, many resorts have online availability and bookings, and short-term hotel bookings would be possible at this time of year.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Olivercigar - try posting your question on the Solutions Room on www.chaletsdirect.com - Lots of independent chalet/apartment owners who can be flexible with the length of stay etc. Good Luck Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
olivercigar, we have availability for those dates Pm me if La Rosiere is of interest, if you want to know what the resort is like, Frosty The Snowman posted a very comprehensive review in the resorts section.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
olivercigar - we have an apartment in plan peisey, currently available from 18th march for a couple of weeks. Maybe we could do a deal on 4 nights?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
olivercigar, As you'll have a car you could try staying in a valley town and driving up....Brides les Bains for 3V or Bourg St Maurice for Les Arcs (quick funicular up from there) both spring to mind. If you stay down the valley you're much more likely to find short stays. We've booked a number of breaks like this through www.logis-de-france.fr a nice range of basic hotels and we've never stayed in a bad one!
latest report
Hi Olivercigar, take a look at AlpSun.com if you are still looking. We have some availability at Puy Saint Vincent in the Hautes Alpes for March...we also have apartments within easy reach (15 mins) of Serre Chevalier. Other nearby resorts are Montgenevre, Risoul, Pelvoux, Vars, La Grave (All within 35 miles).

We can do short breaks or week and a bit breaks to allow people to take advantage of the cheaper mid-week flights. http://www.alpsun.com for more details.

Hope this helps.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy