Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lubricating boot shell/liner

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have read somewhere (possibly on snowHeads) that it’s possible to apply lubricating spray to the inside of the boot shell in order to make insertion and removal of boot liner easier. I like to remove our liners (and footbeds) at the end of each ski day to assist drying but find it difficult. Could someone confirm from experience if this is doable and will not damage the liner? I was planning to use GT85 spray.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just take them your foot and liner out of the shell together
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@moseyp, thanks - it’s puttinng them back in that is mostly the issue.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bit of silicon grease?

Can’t see why it’s that difficult tho, tbh, a technique thing...?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Silicon spray. Quite common for race boots where the shell is tight and you need to remove the laced liner while it is still on your foot. It also helps with squeaky touring boots.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Ozboy, I use silicon spray and furniture polish on the inside of my boot shells to assist in this. I take my liners out at lunch (where practicable) and at the end of the day. I started doing this because I broke one of my footboards by being too violent in removing the liners. It has not damaged the liners.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all for your advice. Silicon Spray it is.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Ozboy, Get a cheap carrier bag and cut the end off to make a tube. Put tube inside boot. Push liner in and then pull out tube. Simples and cheap.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not sure on the effect the spray might have on the liner, a bit of talc may be less of an issue.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
i wouldn't use anything unless you want to damage the liner long term, it is all about the technique you use to get the liner in and out

liner out, place boot on a surface faing away form you , one hand on back of shell one on back of liner and pull the liner up and forward

liner in, have boot facing you on a low surface, make sure liner tongue is located in the liner , either put an hand inside the liner and roll it around the corber, or use two hands either side of the heel, make Z shape at the achillies and push the liner around the bend, when it stars to go gat your hands out (to prevent knuckle damage) and push the top of the liner down gently, put a hand in to make sure that everything sits how it should

one note... make sure the left liner and left footbed goes into the left shell, recently had a very nice chap come in wanting to sqeeze just one more trip out his boots as they had been fine for a long time until this last trip where they had been really uncomfortable, started to disassemble the boot and discovered very quickly that when he had dried them last time he had put the liners in the wrong shells..... simple fix
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@CEM, titter.

I had a client once whose rentals were fine when they were in the shop... but hideous on the first run ... on the wrong feet ... Embarassed

In fairness, they were cheap rear entries, so not quite so easy to distinguish, but, still! Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I did a domestic oven mold on some Intuition liners last week. Most tricky bit is getting the hot squishy liners back in the boot without wrinkling them. I got great results by taping over joints, etc to smooth them then wiping a little olive oil around the entrance to the heel pocket
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What CEM says. Race boots are much tighter and harder to put on/remove than normal boots so the liner goes in/comes out with the foot. Once you get the technique right you won’t have any problems
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you can cope with the mess, graphite powder is brilliant at dry lubricating plastics, particularly squeaky plastic-on-plastic bits. It's pretty much inert, and isn't affected by cold.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What CEM and moseyp say. 3 piece boots easy, Overlap race boots (Lange world cup) takes a bit of practice.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy