Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Some amazing footage of an avalanche in La Grave so nearly engulfing a group of skiers below

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know I've posted this in the avalanche and La Grave thread, but thought it worth posting here as many might not read those threads.

When skiing La Grave there are a number of classic routes that many intermediate and above skiers can take, you don't have to be gnarly and extreme and you'll often see families skiing there.

There are two main classic routes down, the Vallons and Chancel.

If you take one variation down the Vallons you do ski under La Meije and the glacier below it as well as the Tabuchet glacier.

Although it is stunningly beautiful this is one area where you do not stop to take photos as for the simple reason there is the very real threat of avalanches due to seracs breaking up, falling down and starting an avalanche.

I've seen what happens after one of these big ones falls further down into the valley, the subsequent updraft of violent wind and debris blowing back up the other side of the valley trashed all the trees and it looked like a WW1 battlefield afterwards, in fact the guys taking the video on what looks like the traverse to P2 must have had brown underpants by the end!

This video show the immense power of that, and a very lucky group indeed!

This was last Thursday 5th April 2018

http://youtube.com/v/sqhSaMTlqcM
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Weathercam, you should post this in Serre Chevaliwr thread too Razz
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy