Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Picking a resort near Milano - April 10th

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, we're going for a short ski trip next week, 3 days starting April 10th, and will be headed with a car from Milano.
Two of us are intermediate skiers and two are beginners (can handle easier red slopes, but prefer blue ones).

Cervinia seemed like the best choice when we planned in advance - friendly to beginners and intermediates, high altitude with reliable snow, and comfortable ski-in ski-out.
However, the current forecast made us a bit worried - looks like it's going to snow a lot through these 3 days (40-50 cm).
With a longer trip this could've been great, but with a short one this might be problematic (correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like a good chance for a whole trip with poor visibility and possibly some closed lifts).

We're still waiting to see if the forecast changes a bit, but assuming it doesn't - what would good alternatives we could examine?
Needs to be beginner friendly, up to 3-4 hours drive from Milano, and with reliable snow conditions. Ski-in ski-out is an advantage but not a must.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Shraga, wherever you go, check the closing dates first. Lots of resorts will close before or around the irrespective of snow depth.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Shraga, Just returned yesterday from a 5 day trip to Madesimo. Only 2 hours drive North is Milan Linate airport. It’s also very good value and big enough area for 3 days skiing.

There is lots of snow - many meters on the top slopes and plenty of cover at village level (1500m). No brown patches to be seen. It snowed all day on Tuesday and Wednesday, albeit wet stuff in the village at 1500m.

You will need to check when they close for the season as many Italian resorts prefer not to extend beyond Easter as all the local kids are back at school and skier numbers are very low even though there is plentiful snow.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
moseyp wrote:
@Shraga, wherever you go, check the closing dates first. Lots of resorts will close before or around the irrespective of snow depth.

Of course, I've seen that there are plenty of resorts being closed on April 8th.
On the other hand, there are plenty of others that are still open, and we're having a hard time telling what are better choices than others.

By the way - some resorts such as Madonna di Campiglio or La Thuile are supposed to have nicer weather on these days (with just a bit snow), but temperatures on the previous days seem high (7-9 in the town, 4-5 mid mountain). Am I right to assume that would mean slopes conditions probably won't be good?
Livingo, for example, seems like a safer option than those, but it's further away (about 4 hours from Milano).

Ozboy wrote:
@Shraga, Just returned yesterday from a 5 day trip to Madesimo. Only 2 hours drive North is Milan Linate airport. It’s also very good value and big enough area for 3 days skiing.

There is lots of snow - many meters on the top slopes and plenty of cover at village level (1500m). No brown patches to be seen. It snowed all day on Tuesday and Wednesday, albeit wet stuff in the village at 1500m.

You will need to check when they close for the season as many Italian resorts prefer not to extend beyond Easter as all the local kids are back at school and skier numbers are very low even though there is plentiful snow.

Thanks, but I think they're closing on April 8th according to this - https://www.onthesnow.com/lombardia/madesimo/ski-resort.html
Which seems like a shame because it still supposed to snow on that week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy