Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Puy st Vincent at Christmas?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at PSV for Xmas week this year as children just did a week skiing over Easter and were hooked. They are 4&6 so fancy giving snowbizz a try.

Is it crazy to book Xmas? It’s the first week of snowbizzs season. Is there any chance of going and there literally being no snow to ski on?

Wondering if anyone has been at that time and can give a rough statistic about chance of ski school being cancelled and kids sitting whinging all week!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We went at Christmas about 5 years ago. There was stacks of snow. Like poo-poo loads. Did loads of off piste routes in deep snow.

But some of the last few years have looked well rubbish. However emphasise the word "looked" I wasn't actually there to comment(thank goidness)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Stinkpickle, there will be snow for sure. As in most ski resorts these days the home runs will have snow cannons and the resort tops at 2750m which is decent enough. I ski Christmas week or earlier every year though not in PSV. Go ahead and book - you'll be fine.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you - it's mainly the nursery slopes I'm worried about - I think they're only 1600m.

I guess it's all a leap of faith and we just have to take the plunge and cross fingers! thanks for replies.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Apologies in advance but this is either cowdoo or disingenuous (sp) at least

"There will be snow for sure"
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
TheGeneralist wrote:
Apologies in advance but this is either cowdoo or disingenuous (sp) at least

"There will be snow for sure"

Care to explain why? Given what I said after "As in most ski resorts these days the home runs will have snow cannons and the resort tops at 2750m which is decent enough. "?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In your position I'd take the eldest out of school and book mid March (week after the end of French school hols). We did that when we went with Snowbizz 10 yrs ago. The snow is likely to be better in March than at Christmas and I expect the holiday cost would be cheaper.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are going to Val Thorens on 30th March (taking out of school) - just being greedy and looking at an extra cheap week and snowbizz is so highly recommended. Don't want to take them out twice though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I doubt there will be "no snow," but at lower altitudes could very well be man made. I don't think you need to book right away; why not wait until mid-November and see if there's any early dumps?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pasigal wrote:
I doubt there will be "no snow," but at lower altitudes could very well be man made.

Which given the OP profile shouldn't be an issue. I've been out when it's been like this (Paradiski et al) and it's not a problem.

Pasigal wrote:
I don't think you need to book right away; why not wait until mid-November and see if there's any early dumps?

Trouble is mid-November won't tell you much at all. An early dump could still melt away. Or a dump may occur the week before.

Not having a go Pasigal or trying to persuade the OP to book but equally I don't see a problem booking early for Christmas in these circumstances. All depends of course on what the deal with Snowbizz is of course.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would not wait till November to book with Snowbizz. They are popular and I guess they would sell out for peak holiday weeks. It is a pity you didn't book your week in Val thorens for Christmas and the week in PSV for late March.

If I were booking for Christmas in the southern Alps I would book Montgenevre over PSV as my feeling is that Montgenevre is a bit more snow sure, has more apres ski activities and is a far more extensive ski area. It also has more in the way of four star self catering options.

However the Snowbizz childcare and ski school set up is very good so maybe you could contact them and ask for the average lower slope snow depths in late December and make a decision based on that.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy