Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Live TR: Trysil 1-8 April 2018

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
ElzP wrote:
Great report, enjoyed reading that.Would love to go back to trysil now I ski a bit better.

On the piste marking - the map has changed, I looked and thought I was going mad but if you look at a map from 3 years ago some blues have changed to green, and a blue we took (10?) has disappeared entirely and seems to be a differently routed red. So you're not losing your grip @bambionskiis!

So glad you posted. I went back again and looked at the piste map and yes it’s different. I don’t think 36 should be a green as bits of that are quite tricky. I’m going to be really sad and dig out the old map at some point.

That’s some seriously impressive one ski skiing there themasterpiece!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ElzP, any chance you could post a picture of the old map (or a link if it's available online)? Just interested to see what has changed.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's on here: https://www.piste-maps.co.uk/Piste-Maps/Norway/Trysil-PisteMap-2017.pdf

It's piste 1 from the top I remember skiing - the blue - and that was pretty tricky I seem to remember (but then it was our first full week ski hol). My other half took his skis off and had a pole chuck tantrum at the bit where it crossed red 4. Now seems to have split in to two reds (1&5)!

We liked 36 and hated 35, so that re-grading seems fairly reasonable to me, though I do agree the corners of 36 could be a bit tricky!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ElzP, interesting...the old blue 1 is now a red that leads onto black 2 (with no other pisted route out) which seemed odd. It was steeper than reds 53 and 58 over the other side which felt more like blues. 36 is correctly graded green (in my opinion), it would be very tame as a blue. 35 was narrower and less pleasant.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I only skiid 36 when it was icy and had a few hairy moments. In good conditions I should image it’s a nice run.

Does anyone know if this is normal for a resort to do a do changes? I wonder whether they are just doing it for cynical reasons. I remember a post whereby it was said that some Austrian resorts were prone to “lots of greens” as that attracted learners when in fact, they shouldn’t have been green. Alternatively do slopes get reprofiled to make them steeper/less steep?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've not seen it elsewhere but it must happen. Don't think I've ever seen a green on an Austrian map - and have wished they would label them 'terrifying blue', 'bloody awful skinny blue' and 'less terrifying blue'... wink

Oddly, whilst I think the change to 36 might be to encourage people across to Hoegga and on to touristsenter if they are absolute green skiers (though it can be done on 31 and 32 anyway for touristsenter), the change of 1 makes less sense as there is now no 'easy' way off the highest point of the resort which is a shame (I don't know what the bit of red leading to green 48 is like, but at that stage of skiing just seeing red would put me off!)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ElzP, from Høyfjellssenter you can't get to 31 or 32 without going down into Høgegga (unless there's a sneaky cut through at the top of the F1 T bar which I don't remember seeing), unless you're happy on black runs (and bits of 30 are genuine black). If the route over the top is shut or you don't fancy the reds down the other side, it's a right pain to get across. On the way back from Turistsenter it's not so bad if the top is open, green 48 all the way (the red at the very top is really green at that point) but again a bit of a faff if the high lifts are closed. It's one aspect of Trysil we didn't like so much - lots of dull traverses to get around.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy