Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

End of an era in Val d'Isere - the Moris Hotel is finally closing

Poster: A snowHead
Rumours of the death of the Morris are greatly exaggerated!!

It was rocking at the weekend.

Also, the Toviere is now doubled in size and looking really good. Any ending of a deal with MW may well be at the owners request.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@bar shaker, so the Moris bar still going? How about the hotel rooms?

AFAIK the Toviere at La Daille is now a much smarter hotel, privately run, with a very good reputation.

Must be at least 15 years since Mark Warner operated it. Those were the days. Often under £350, for a solo room on chalet board, on a late booking week in a prime ski area.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have stayed in the Toviere twice in the last 10 years and was very happy on both occasions. Decent rooms, good food and very reasonable tariff. Would happily recommend.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@PeakyB, No idea about the hotel rooms. I did hear they might be offered for seasonaire accommodation, but no official source for that.

Yes, the Toviere is superb. I have put friends into there for the past 2 years and it was where we stayed 2.5 years ago when the work was being done on our place. Matt, the hotel manager lives above just above me and makes a mean Genepe!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bar shaker wrote:
Rumours of the death of the Morris are greatly exaggerated!!

It was rocking at the weekend.

I never said the pub was closing! Just the Moris was no longer a hotel.

I was bemoaning the fact that now you can't stay there with MW, you won't get seasonaire prices in the bar!!

I do wonder what they'll do with the building eventually.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@bar shaker, the moris was advertising on facebook for staff for the seasonnaire accommodation. I posted a link somewhere or other
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@HoneyBunny, oops, sorry, I'd treated it as one venue.

@holidayloverxx, It was the Val seasonaire page where I saw them offering the accommodation. It got snapped up.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I joked earlier in thread about MW becoming a property player instead of chalet holiday operator and guess what?

They actually do have a property company! See http://www.markwarnerproperty.com/
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ashridge wrote:
I joked earlier in thread about MW becoming a property player instead of chalet holiday operator and guess what?

They actually do have a property company! See http://www.markwarnerproperty.com/

They certainly are. They have been redeveloping a number of properties that they previously owned and have either updated the apartments for use as holiday destinations or sold them off.

Part of the reason that MW have lost market share is a) the market has grown; b) its also costly to keep producing what they produce.

A quick play on their site and a 17 Feb 19 (peak week) departure all in (flights, accom, transfers, lift pass, ski hire, childcare) for a family of 5 is £11,500 at their Tignes venues
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Only been to Val D once,Moris twice in that, but had great nights and whatever happens to it it provides my favourite ski video, despite the fact there is not a Piste to be seen (and believe me I've watched a few skiing bids!)

http://youtube.com/v/2SewaLbZtC0 Proper music!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I love Mike and Richie!! Always a great apres sesh with them. The Dominoes are brilliant as well.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was in there on Sunday. It's still running as a hotel and only some of it is seasonaire accommodation. Guests arrived whilst we were having a beer.

I now have my MW seasonaire card so may visit more often this season.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Who is running it then as a hotel? It's NOT on the Mark Warner web site at all.

Answered my own question with quick Google - https://www.sno.co.uk/ski-holidays/chalet-hotel-moris_10924/

Never heard of them before! Bit sceptical I must say of a review that claims food was "like 5 star hotel"!!!

Correction: Sno.co.uk seem to be an agent like Igluski or Ifyouski - not an operator ... the plot thickens ... can't find an operator advertising the Moris,
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Ashridge, it is on Igluski too- recent review "This place is an absolute dump. Needs pulling down and rebuilding from the ground up. It was run by mark warner for years and didnt have a euro spent on it in years. The fixtures and fittings are archaic The rooms are just plain miserable. The smell that permeates within the premises is awful. To get a real review wait till the season starts and ask someone there to post THEIR pictures of the hotel,and not the cherry picked ones that are on here."
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@bar shaker, @Ashridge, that's very interesting - I wonder who's running it. I can't find it on Igluski.

I've sent an enquiry about staying there next year, see what happens.

It's in such a state now it's not really habitable.
snow report
Spoken to Sno.co.uk ... they're checking but thought it was still Mark Warner operated even though not on their web site!
latest report
HoneyBunny wrote:
They've got rid of so many hotels in recent years, I wonder the same. They've only got a handful of ski hotels left - six in France (three in the EK) and one in St Anton.

I wouldn't be surprised if they quit the ski business altogether and just do summer holidays instead.

I've been told that the Levante summer resort in Rhodes generates more profit for MW than their entire winter ski operation combined. Not hard to see which parts of their business they're probably focusing on.
latest report
So Sno.co.uk now confirm the Moris as a chalet hotel is NOT in operation for guests but is being used for seasonaire accommodation and will be tken off the Sno.co.uk web site.
snow report
@HoneyBunny, https://www.igluski.com/ski-resorts/france/val-d-isere/chalet-hotel-moris-_870?infinity=ict2~net~gaw~ar~271854991433~kw~~mt~b~cmp~SKI_UK_Search_NB_SK-Resort_DSA~ag~SKI_UK_Search_NB_SK-Resort_DSA_Val-D-Isere&gclid=Cj0KCQiAgMPgBRDDARIsAOh3uyJn9d4gyvsFREKQxae03KA0jybq3czSTA2lsGhgBdFyiWEzetDsoiMaApRkEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
snow conditions
Think they just haven't removed it from their web site - if you call and try and book it they'll direct you to other MW chalets I bet.

Probably wise ... can only imagine how many complaints they'd get from holiday customers - bad enough 5 years ago and it's had no investment since then I understand.

MW are just waiting for a knock-out purchase offer as part of the redevelopment of that part of Val I suspect - using it for seasonaires pays the bills but no more than that.
snow conditions
@Ashridge, makes sense. I was very surprised at the idea anyone was still sending guests there.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it's redeveloped into swanky apartments called the Morisettes Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Do they still have that old lift cabin in the front garden? Probably the most comfortable room in the last five years.
snowHead
snow report
Ashridge wrote:
Think they just haven't removed it from their web site - if you call and try and book it they'll direct you to other MW chalets I bet.

Probably wise ... can only imagine how many complaints they'd get from holiday customers - bad enough 5 years ago and it's had no investment since then I understand.

MW are just waiting for a knock-out purchase offer as part of the redevelopment of that part of Val I suspect - using it for seasonaires pays the bills but no more than that.

The big development plans are at the other end of the High St (Le Casserole to the Banana Bar) but the Morris is a super prime spot and is on a site quite a bit larger than it's footprint. It's value is well into 8 figures.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy