Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra-- any good in middle March?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How safe is it to go Andorra middle March? I have the opportunity to meet up with friends in Andorra (Soldeu) from 18/03/06 . Having never been to Andorra I'm worried what the snow conditions will like so relatively late in the season. At the moment the snow seems ok but will it last? Is it worth taking a gamble or should I aim for somewhere more snow-sure since will be my last blast for the season.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Louis, Last year I visited Andorra in April or May. The snow was still lying in the streets of Pas. Oh, and it snowed all the time I was there, very cold. Damn lifts were closed for the season though. I have been in French resorts with a thinner snow base in the nursery areas that were open for business. Can't see you having a problem this winter, they have had plenty of snow.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
IME andorra is suprisingly snow sure, went there a few years ago and it was in great condition (2nd week in march) albeit very slushy in the afternoons (it gets very warm). Certainly in better nick than many of the big name french resorts I've visited since in early jan, and much better than chatel/PdS first week in march last year.

As long as you don't mind it being a bit heavy if it gets warm I think it's a good choice late season, aj xx
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
it'll be fine, just take plenty of sunscreen, i might be a bit thin on top but what hair i have offered no protection, had a bright red head for what seemed like weeks! a couple of days in late march when i have been there were just about t-shirt skiing weather. loads of snow up top, slushy on runs down into resort
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nee bother - the season usually ends about 20 April and I think thats mainly becuase its not that cost effective to run all the lifts.

After this date they change the cradles on the Gondola so that mountain bikes can be attached !
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I asked a similar question about La Clusaz on Monday. In mid to late March does it get very soft and hence would one be better served going to a particularly high resort. Possiblly a late accomodation booking once transport is arranged etc?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Louis, I can let you know how the snow is when I get back from El Tarter on 12 March but as you say looks like very good conditions at the moment and, if Snow-Forecast.com is to be believed, things are still set to get better.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy