Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter bargains

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I am trying to convince my long suffering husband that a cheeky week is in order for Easter. Does anyone have any bargaineous gems that I am missing to get a week for as little as possible from say 31st. I’ve looked at skyscanner and it’s looking like a drive to France is probably the cheapest. I’m unsure of how good snow will be in places like vakmenier where there are good sunweb deals...advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

S
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski world have Zermatt and les arcs for about £500 per person (flights,transfers, chalet board) leaving 31st. Seems good value to me, but guess it depends on what you consider a bargain.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I fancy a last few days but all the Geneva & Lyon flight are expensive
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski Val has some late availability.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you are driving I personally would look for an indendent chalet operator.
Contact them direct - many will happily put you up for easter weekend if they have availability.
You tend to find more small companys in the PDS, Morzine particularly happily offer long weekends.
Use tour ops like alpine answers, chalets direct etc to find availabilty and contact companies direct - or post a request on the solutions room.
We have done this before and received plenty of offers.
Good luck
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am tempted to try a sunweb deal..I have costed up the following:

Accom in Valmenier 31st Marc for 7 nights with ski pass is £660
Ski hire for kids and skis for us comes in at a bargaineous £150 for a week! Have boots and helmets.
Crossing is £120
Petrol I am guestimating as £120
A hotel on the way down £100
Tolls £120

Total £1250ish. I guess it will be like camping for that price, however can any experiences snowheaders advise me if I am missing a trick? Has anyone been to Valmenier that late in the season? The other cheaper option is chamrousse which comes in at a £200 cheaper..!

Pretending that we wont eat out.

Thankyou
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm off to valmeinier on the 7th April with sunweb...... I have no experience with them, but I have been to chamrousse with snowtrex.
Chamrousse is a lovely ski area, I was there in April 2012. Not much off slope to do, but that's not a problem for me. Plenty of snow, but as always with skiing so late in the season..... Mornings were good but afternoons very slushy lower down. Only downsides I remember were the walk to the pistes with young kids (4-500m) and piste bashing was every other day, which when icy in the mornings could be leg breaking. Was a nice area though.
From what I gather, valmeinier village is higher, although the peaks are rather much the same. Access to chamrousse was very easy, can't comment yet on val.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We used sunweb for our St Anton trip this year, essentially a booking agency, no reps in resort, everything worked well for us.
Try silverski for late packages that include flights
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Snowtrain, hardly camping, you'll get a small apartment for that I'd guess?

We generally pay £3000 for family of 5 which covers 3-bed apartment, lift passes all travel (driving) and food and odd meal out. We have own skis
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Snowtrain, we did Valloire, linked to valmeiner, 4 years ago at easter and it was great. I think it was a week later and not the levels of snow they've had this year.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Snowtrain, tolls are £150..... petrol depends what you are driving and where from.... for me it’s about £250 I come from yorks and have a large 4x4
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you're in Valmeinier with a car, there's a world of choice. Orelle is just over the valley to be as snow sure as you can be. Plenty of good skiing in Valfrejus, Val Cenis, etc etc.

I think your petrol and tolls are a little optimistic, Maurienne to the tunnel was £90 and I burn £150 odd each way - although I don't hang around
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thankyou all, incredibly helpful. Just about t book!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy