Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice sought- ski schools Val Thorens, France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to Val Thorens to ski in March and trying to decide where to do group ski lessons - I have narrowed it down to Prosneige ski school or ESF (Ecole de Ski Francais) - simply because these are the only 2 where you can have lessons in the a.m. and p.m. Does anyone have experience with either of these two?

Have been with ESF before and they were "OK" (of course depends a lot on the instructor - my boyfriend thought his ESF lessons were fantastic).
But, if you believe what they say on the website, seems like Prosneige has smaller classes (4-10) and also films the students so they can see their mistakes etc. (not sure if this is a good thing or just a lot of time spent fiddling with equipment instead of skiing). Also seems like Prosneige organise some kind of test at the end of the course....

Can anyone recommend (or not) either of these or even another school?

Advice greatly appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We used Prosneige for our children last year and they were fine.
Yes, the groups are smaller than ESF's and as an independent, I would tend to assume Prosneige to have more to prove.
I'm afraid I can't make a direct comparison as we've not had specific experience of ESF in Val T. Somewhat variable standards of service from ESF in the past, in other resorts, has resulted in us seeking out the independent ski schools as a matter of course.

Ski schools in Val T include:
Prosneige: http://www.prosneige.fr/en/
Free School Attitude: http://www.freeschoolattitude.com/
Ski Cool: http://www.ski-cool.com/ski-coolGB.html
ESI: http://www.esivalthorens.com/index.php?lang=en
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've never used them but I hear ProSneige are fantastic. However, you may want to base it on where in the resort you are staying also as if you're beginners you may not want to have to walk too far etc.. to get to your meeting point.

I've always used ESF but always on a private lesson basis which obviously makes a huge difference. However, I have put my nephew in group lessons before and at peak times the groups were way too big and we ended up complaining an awful lot - especially when he failed his test at the end of one week - it's horrible for a kid to fail a test, let alone when, IMO the reason he failed was that the group was so large the instructor had not been able to teach effectively.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys! think i will go with prosneige, and add some private lessons to boot.
should really do some work now - am becoming addicted to the site!
ciao for now!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy