Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites Sella Ronda area - pistes recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
@sheffskibod, Thanks. Is this is map which is specifically made for piste skiing? Which information does it include, can you see gradient and length?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think it’s mainly relevant to piste skiing but it does have contour lines on it.

I have taken a photo ...

See here https://imgur.com/a/F6qeM
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@sheffskibod, Thanks for posting the picture. Incidentally it even covers the chairlift where I met all the other lost people. The map looks quite useful. Will bear it in mind for the future, thanks!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@sheffskibod, does the map only cover the Sella Ronda or does it cover the whole Dolomiti Superski area?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
denfinella wrote:
@sheffskibod, does the map only cover the Sella Ronda or does it cover the whole Dolomiti Superski area?

One side is the sella Ronda plus skiable offshoots in more detail (The first photo I took was a close up on that side) the other side has the whole Superski area on it...

See two more photos here...

https://imgur.com/a/BNiZ2
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Simony, I was wondering about your problems finding red 4 and black 3. We only used lift 22 on our last day and it ends up to low to get to the red, which curls round the side of the Ciampinoi lift station. You'd need to go down to and up lift 18 Sochers? to get to the red.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@HutToHut, Thanks, maybe this explains. Anyway, next time I’ll be back, I’ll go on a mission to find that piste! wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's no need to go down and come back up..

turn right off lift 22 and take the track under the sochers lift, stay high and head around the back of the Ciampinoi lift station. ive highlighted the track in the attached image

latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@albob, maybe it's the amount of snow this year, but on the 23rd your route was uphill. I agree it should work but there was no obvious way across.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@HutToHut, you are probably right -- my memory may be failing me... (could have needed several steps uphill ...!!)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Does anyone know if it's possible to ski from Edelweiss in Colfosco over to Corvara?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@TopGooner, I think the only connection is the two-way gondola Borest.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@TopGooner, As HutToHut says you’ll have to take the Borest gondola, but you can ski from Edelweiss to Borest and on the other side in Corvara you arrive right next to the Boè gondola and very close to another chairlift.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If the Borest gondola is closed, you can take the local bus, which runs hourly. Or catch the ski bus, check the timetables in the link below. From the route map, ideal bus stop would be number 12 "Ski School" but for the life of me I cant picture where this bus stop would be. The route map shows it at the end of the borest gondola but I cant even think there is a road anywhere near this point:

https://www.pensionmirandola.it/en/ski-bus-colfosco-2015-2016-kopie.html
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@jimmybog, The bus stop is in the car park next to the old Borest lift station (near the bottom of the Sodlisia lift)
snow report
@jimmybog, I think there is a connection between the car park at the lift pass office and the ski school (but I don’t know where the ski bus stops).
See 2nd picture here: https://www.scuolascicolfosco.it/en/location.asp
snow report
Yes I can see the access road to the new ski school offices in the first photo. Will check it out next trip. If the stop is not in the ski school car park then we'll check the main car park. Looks a very short walk between the two so shouldn't be an issue.

This is great to know as it means we can stay for the Edelweiss apres for longer and not rely on the gondola to get us back to Corvara
ski holidays
jimmybog wrote:
Yes I can see the access road to the new ski school offices in the first photo. Will check it out next trip. If the stop is not in the ski school car park then we'll check the main car park. Looks a very short walk between the two so shouldn't be an issue.

This is great to know as it means we can stay for the Edelweiss apres for longer and not rely on the gondola to get us back to Corvara

Exactly why I was asking!! So how late does the bus go? I was in Ellmau recently and the last bus was 5.15pm when we were just getting started Wink
ski holidays
Yep - there's a bus timetable on that link but I have no idea which one goes to Corvara
latest report
TopGooner wrote:
Yep - there's a bus timetable on that link but I have no idea which one goes to Corvara

You need whichever bus goes to Col Alto and Boe (both gondola stations in Corvara)
ski holidays
Are they still running past 6pm for grown-ups? Laughing
latest report
TopGooner wrote:
Are they still running past 6pm for grown-ups? Laughing

Yes - but last bus home is 21.30......

http://www.sii.bz.it/en/siitimetablesquery
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy