Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski/Winter sports holiday insurance recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.

My wife, daughter and I are off to Val Thorens with the SFaB2018 in a couple of weeks snowHead Any recommendations for good yet reasonable ski holiday insurance?

Much appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jonny220, hope you have a good time. Look at MPI. We have used them for years.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Pamski, Just had to do some dealings with them after a recent trip, so far they get a strong recommendation from me!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jjams82, 😊😊
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jonny220, Have a look at LV.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I bank with Nationwide and their £13 a month account covers family travel insurance and paid up incredibly promptly with all my ACL/LCL/TPF faff last Easter and associated physio back in the UK. I rang sometime afterwards to declare said knee dodgy and there was no increase to the premium and I know have a certificate to say "includes declared condition" or similar. The £13 covers UK breakdown or something and up to 30 days skiing and off piste so makes sense for us as a family to keep this fee paying account despite the generally unfavourable opinion of these types of accounts. I don't know if there is a minimum period you need to have the account open before cancelling it though if you just wanted it for one trip!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can confirm what @always29 says, the payable FlexPlus current account includes:
Worldwide family travel insurance, including off piste with a guide
Europewide breakdown assistance
Family mobile phone cover

It's a good account - I should declare that I work for Nationwide and work closely with the current account product team! If you are interested to join, then look in to having someone recommend you - then both you and the recommender can each receive £100 under our 'Recommend A Friend' promotion. I can't do this, as we recommend our products without an incentive Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the replies. I looked at the suggestions and tried Go Compare. From Go COmpare, I decided to go with one of the premier polices from More Than Insurance. Has a very good Defacto rating and was pretty reasonable at £47 for the three of us.

I hadn't considered travel insurance through my bank until after, which maybe I should have. I bank with First Direct, and as they routinely top the charts for customer satisfaction may have been a good bet.

Thanks
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
always29 wrote:
I bank with Nationwide and their £13 a month account covers family travel insurance and paid up incredibly promptly with all my ACL/LCL/TPF faff last Easter and associated physio back in the UK. I rang sometime afterwards to declare said knee dodgy and there was no increase to the premium and I know have a certificate to say "includes declared condition" or similar. The £13 covers UK breakdown or something and up to 30 days skiing and off piste so makes sense for us as a family to keep this fee paying account despite the generally unfavourable opinion of these types of accounts. I don't know if there is a minimum period you need to have the account open before cancelling it though if you just wanted it for one trip!

Thanks for this... its good to know as we just switched to the Flex Plus last month and I have a Ski trip planned next week Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
All "included with bank-account" travel insurance will almost certainly have a requirement to declare any pre-existing medical conditions. The definition of "pre-existing" can cover your whole life, so get progressively more difficult as people get older. And then after disclosure they may exclude some or all of those conditions. Policies with worldwide cover (so including USA) will be more stringent over exclusions. Whether any exclusion is a problem depends on if it could impact your holiday - some are trivial. If you need to make a medical claim arising from "x" they will routinely ask your GP "has this person ever suffered from "x"", and if you haven't disclosed it your claim will be denied. Potentially you need to repeat the disclosure prior to every holiday if anything has changed.

In areas covered by the EHIC (which I think is independent from EU membership, so not necessarily impacted by Brexit), you will also get reasonable medical health coverage from that, although it works better in some countries than others. (France is not generally a problem). You may have to pay some costs and reclaim later.

So for Europe even with pre-existing medical conditions excluded, a combination of bank-account insurance for third-party liability, baggage etc; and EHIC for excluded medical may be sufficient. If the excluded conditions would potentially impact on piste rescue it may be worth paying for that with your lift pass - you don't want to be held up on the side of the piste while they wait for your insurer to check with your GP... Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy