Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Terrifying incident in Georgia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Val Desire, thank you for the information

I assumed from the various videos that the person in red, who could not vacate the chair due to someone hooked on the footrest of the safety bar, was likely to have sustained multiple and serious injuries. A broken femur is itself alone a potentially very complex and problematic injury. The range and severity of of the injuries listed are entirely consistent with being thrown into the wreckage with the kind of force evident in the films.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That is an odd email for a charity plea.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Orange200, I thought exactly the same thing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Usually, like with most people, when I watch something a few times I become desensitised. I’ve just watched it again and that hasn’t happened. The full horror at it all is still as sharp as the first time I watched it. It cannot be that there weren’t more very serious injuries. Those poor people.

Whilst I agree that the press release talking of the health of these people is the most important now, I actually think they should be concentrating more on making sure this can never happen again. There is much talk of human error and resignations but surely if adequate safety triple checks were in place, this would be impossible.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That charity appeal looks decidely odd to me, too. I don't think that gudauri.info is the official site. If you go to 'about website' and translate it, it says:
The site "Gudauri.RU" (www.gudauri.ru) will help you to visit Georgia and its ski resort Gudauri on your own.
Only we have direct contacts for accommodation in Gudauri: telephones, skype and email owners of hotels, cottages and apartments. We hope that our forum and information will lead many more to Georgia and Gudauri. Send your reports and photos.
On the site you can advertise, leave your opinion on the forum or send to gudauri@gudauri.ru.

We are not a tour operator or a travel agency, when we created a website, then the Finnish approach was taken as a model, when tourists come to the resort not through travel agencies, but they themselves communicate through a centralized resource with the owners of housing. The owner does not pay interest on each order. And this allows him not to raise prices to recoup the services of intermediaries, and with the help of discounts himself to regulate the flow of tourists to the hotel. This approach significantly increases the number of vacationers.
A small fixed payment for accommodation - allows the existence of a centralized resource (as we see our site), pay for server and support services. And since the site gudauri.ru is not the main earnings of its creators, the amount of payment for placement is fixed and quite small (less than 1% of the amount of orders of visitors to our site) and is changed only for justified reasons, as, for example, in 2011, more expensive due to a sharp increase in the number of users on the site. More details on the terms of cooperation with us can be found on the link or write to gudauri@gudauri.ru.

It looks as if gudauri.ski might be the official site. If you go there and click on the link to 'Mountain Resorts of Georgia' it takes you to a government site. From the government site, if you click 'Gudauri' it takes you back to gudauri.ski
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The chances of www.gudauri.ru being the official site is somewhere between h and ħ, given that .ru is the Russian top level domain and .ge is the Georgian top level domain.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@jabuzzard, the fact that the 'about' refers to a different domain name is a clue, too!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Here you go

Mountain Resorts of Georgia
http://www.mrg.gov.ge/

Gudauri
http://www.gudauri.ski/eng

http://www.gudauri.info/
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Mike Pow, http://www.gudauri.info/ is the one with the dodgy-looking charity appeal and is clearly not an official site, based on that 'about' info. The other two are the correct ones.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy