Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend skiing near Tokyo late April?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I may have a free weekend in the Tokyo area 21st/22nd April. Any thoughts on whether it's feasible to go for a weekend of skiing? And, if so, where? I've been having a look at Yuzawa, as it seems to be easy to reach from Tokyo and some of the resorts have long seasons, but I guess there might be other closer/cheaper options.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@sugarmoma666,
It's certainly feasible thanks to the efficient Japanese rail system, and some years ago I spent a couple of days in Yuzawa at the end of a business trip.

You can't expect Hokkaido-like powder in the Japanese Alps, and if it snows it can be pretty wet. There are a number of ski areas around Yuzawa, so you don't have to be limited to just the one (which are typically lift-rich, but piste-poor - in number, that is). Also, it might be pretty busy at a weekend, since it's one of the most convenient destinations from Tokyo.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I skied Echigoyuzawa for a weekend out of Tokyo in 1991. Shinkansen from Tokyo central station, ski-hire inside Echigoyuzawa station, ski-lift 10 mins walk. Very straightforward. Don't know what the conditions are like in late April though. I wonder how much it's changed snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy