Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

anyone know of a cheapish hotel near Geneva airport?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hiya - going back to alps for a long weekend shortly. Am booked on the 7am easyjet flight back from Geneva on the Monday morning - so want a room where we can drive to after skiing on the Sunday - and stop just for Sunday night prior to the flight. Wont be in it for long - so dont want anything very plush - but want to be as near as possible to airport to avoid travel probs on the Monday.
Anyone know of anywhere?
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jayne durham, have stayed in the IBIS in the centre and the Novotel at the Airport (when bumped off last flight on a Sunday by Swiss). There's an IBIS at the airport as well.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Murdoch wrote:
jayne durham...........when bumped off last flight on a Sunday by Swiss..........

OT - Don't think I saw anything about this before. Care to tell us more?
latest report
 brian
brian
jayne durham, I've used the Holiday Inn Express, they run a free shuttle to/from the airport but it might not be going before 6am. It's only a couple of minutes along the road though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Apart from David Murdoch, 's ideas , Holiday Inn Express at the airport might fit the bill as well
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jayne durham, go to www.gva.ch click through to Transportation/Access and you'll find a list of hotels together with shuttle bus details.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nick Zotov, happened a couple of years ago. We were on last flight out - actually it was Easter Monday I think, not a Sunday - and everyone was overbooked. Easyjet don't overbook but had only been able to absorb some of the slack. We were very understanding and Swiss gave us:

* 250SFR cash each
* Dinner
* Overnight Accom in said Novotel
* Business class upgrade onto 1st flight in morning
* Changed destination from Heathrow to London City as that let us get straight to the office(s).

...no wonder they nearly went bankrupt, again, eh?

The party of british blokes beside us who were being abusively annoyed about being charged for their mountain bikes having not apparently been charged on way out, I think got a mouldy sandwich and an airport chair to sleep on.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
worth booking well in advance wherever you go. i hoped to do something similar last september only to find there was a Red Cross conference on and every room was booked. Had to stay over the border in France Mad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express recently for my 7am flight. However the shuttle doesn't run that early, so you'll need a car (they charge for parking) or a taxi...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wow - thanks for all the responses.... Car is no problem coz hubby is out there with a car and just putting me on the plane.
Will contact the ones suggested and see if we can get in
Thanks to all
xx
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
have checked prices and availability - ibis is cheapest but full (not surprising I suppose!) - Next cheapest is holiday inn express ..... How far is it from airport? Is the "2 mins" walking distance or drive?? Wot time would you leave for the 7am flight??
Thanks
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jayne durham, It is right across motorway from the airport. Walking and driving probably the same time ...2 mins ... not sure how you would walk though ! Me .. I'd leave hotel at 6am earliest .... but each to their own
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks eevans.... I guess that means driving is safer!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A little further out, at Annemasse, there is an Ibis and a Formule1, both very reasonable, no frills, bookable online
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thanks Patch - husband says he stayed in that a few weeks ago.... Suggests we might use that and get me a taxi in the morning coz he might get lost!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy