Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing from Sauze D'oulx to Montgenevre?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning All! I am heading to Sauze D'oulx to ski in the Via Lattea area on Sunday.
I like to roam the whole are as much as I can and I know my lift pass will include at least 1 day skiing in Montgenevre.
All I have seen is people getting the bus there and back to ski there for the day but I would like to know if skiing directly there is possible at all?

TIA Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's possible and there's actually a 'tour' marked on the (rather poor) piste map. The trouble is it's a boring bug of a day, with lots of slow lifts and long, flat traverses just to get there, turn around and come back (the route 'over the top' via Colletto Verde was closed last week so it was the is-gravity-still-working? run along Golf in to Claviere).

We had the advantage of a minibus and drove to Cesana Torinese and ended up wishing we'd actually driven all the way to Claviere, so missed out the: slow 2-main, slow 4-main, slow 4-main, 1 run.

The one positive is stopping for lunch in France and being reminded how much better and cheaper things are back in Italy! Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you! I take it from you that this isn't much of a challenge to do this in a day (Which is what I was hoping for) and more of a 'chore'?

On the subject of prices in Italy, what are we looking at for a nice refreshing beer on the mountain?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Colletto Verde is closed all season due to a legal dispute over the land I think. I would drive to Montgenevre or Claviere for your one day in that area otherwise you will spend the day skiing there and back.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jhead91 wrote:
Thank you! I take it from you that this isn't much of a challenge to do this in a day (Which is what I was hoping for) and more of a 'chore'?

The skiing in France was quite good (what little we did) but yes, it's more a chore than an adventure to get there on skis and you don't end up with much skiing time before you have to worry about skiing back.

Jhead91 wrote:
On the subject of prices in Italy, what are we looking at for a nice refreshing beer on the mountain?

I think 5Euro was the most we paid anywhere in Italy - and that was for a pint. I think food is the real bargain - we had pizzas, a mix of wine/beer, and a few coffees one evening and splitting the bill came to 16Euro, including the 20% service charge.

Two other comments on food in Sauze:
1. Try Gaute La Nata, on the right just down from the main square, past the pharmacy.
2. Do go in to l'Assietta to enjoy the live singer but don't try to survive by just harvesting the free crisps/pizza and random deep-fried things that keep coming out. Think only 3 of us made it out in the 8am breakfast wave that day Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mjit wrote:

I think 5Euro was the most we paid anywhere in Italy - and that was for a pint. I think food is the real bargain - we had pizzas, a mix of wine/beer, and a few coffees one evening and splitting the bill came to 16Euro, including the 20% service charge.

Two other comments on food in Sauze:
1. Try Gaute La Nata, on the right just down from the main square, past the pharmacy.
2. Do go in to l'Assietta to enjoy the live singer but don't try to survive by just harvesting the free crisps/pizza and random deep-fried things that keep coming out. Think only 3 of us made it out in the 8am breakfast wave that day Smile

Thank you for this, Prices seem very reasonable, especially since my last trip last year was to Chamonix and 5euro was probably the cheapest! I have noted these places down! Admittedly next to no work is being done between now and Friday!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Its well worth going to Montgenevre for the day, great skiing, but get a bus, the travel by ski is slow and in the case of the flat route back through Claviere, exhausting. Very frustrating that the high link with Claviere from l'aigle looks like its permanently closed, it was last season also.

Re L'assietta comments above, that was the most disappointing restaurant in terms of food and service and the most expensive we used last week. Wouldnt return. Recommend Sugo's.
Happy hour pints avaiulable from as little as E2.5.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The word is that the link from Roche d'Aigles is going to reopen next season. Time will tell. Agree that Montgenevre is well worth a visit, and certainly better getting there by road if you can. Hoping to have a day across there tomorrow.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another for getting bus. Enjoy the days skiing there and bus back. Attempted to ski it once but gave up at claviere as it was all chairs and gondolas and not enough skiing. Some cracking runs in montgenevre. Remember being particularly scared going into the black tetris run
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
+ 1 for getting a bus or taxi to Montgenevre. it is doable, particularly with the snow levels this season, but you will be constantly clock watching and there is the issue of getting 3 lifts up from Cesana each way.

Make sure you make the most of Sansicario during you stay. The snow is still good, which is rare for this time of year.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks all for the advice, Think it is clear to see that taking the time to get the early bus and ski there for the day is the right decision!

Looking at the weeks snow reports looks like we're in for a mixed week!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy