Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bone Spurs - foot - anyone had surgery?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bone spurs, lumpy things on top of foot, possibly called saddle bone deformity. Annoying with shoes generally, and snowsports boots. Hurts like hell if someone steps on your foot (becaue it presses directly on the nerve).

Most people put up with them, but I'm wondering if anyone has gone so far as to have the surgery to "shave them down" and views if so (worth it? recovery? etc).

Please and thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
One of my friends has had surgery on spurs on both heals - but he got to the point of being almost unable to walk if he walked for more than an hour. His recovery was very swift - needed a crutch for about a week, was walking normally after 3, and back to running and playing hockey after 5.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. I am talking about on the top of the foot. Not a problem day to day (so not the same or as bad as your friend's).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have had one removed from the outside of my foot, around the end of the fifth metatarsal, been fine ever since.

Didn't need crutches and was walking on it the next day, a spur elsewhere on the foot may be different though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My brother had one on the top of each foot shaved off. One was fine, the other came back.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I had one taken off the top of my big toe that developed after a full season of skiing . It was so painful to ski with! Surgery was ok. Took about 5-8 weeks (memory is a bit rusty as it was 13 years ago) to get back to 100%. So far so good, it hasn't come back. It made a huge difference to my skiing comfort Happy

*Edit - should add that they cut my toe bone and straightened/pinned it at the same time,hence the longer recovery period

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 13-03-18 15:46; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not top but bottom of foot for Mr G. He was struggling to walk or board, simple op under local solved it, just a week or two off work required ( he was on his feet all day and had to wear full steelies).
Worst thing about it was the anaesthetic injection, he said, and a few weird tingly painful things for a few days.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had bone shaved off the top of my foot two years ago. Really straight forward procedure ans was back on the bike in no time. Took a bit longer for running and hockey though.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had a bony growth on the outside of my ankle removed this year.

It was misdiagnosed for years by NHS as ligament damage. Kept getting physio referrals which did help ease discomfort in the area but obviously wasn’t fixing underlying issue.

Last year, I signed up to Benenden Health which is kinda a halfway house between NHS and full private. After chasing my GP 4 times for a referral I was seen, scanned and operated on within 4 months with Benenden.

Had the lump ground off. 4 weeks recovery. Was walking on it within 3 days.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy