Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avalanche Safety/Off piste guide Argentiere 21/03-25/03

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Me and a friend are booked to stay at UCPA Argentiere from 21/03 - 25/03. Due to a mix up with availability we are on a no-instruction course, having previously wanted 2 spaces on the advanced off piste course (2 days guided).

Given we had arranged time off etc, we still plan on travelling and are looking for arranging similar level of instruction than would be offered by the course separately (albeit for more €€€!)

The key thing we wanted to get out of the course was some avalanche safety awareness - in particular an introduction to the basics of using the standard equipment (beepers, shovel & probe).

I've looked at the Evo2 Chamonix website - it looks like they offer an avalanche awareness clinic for €69 and a half day guided for €220 - which is expensive but feels right for what we want. We will likely tag along with a UCPA group on the Sat and Sun. However Evo2 aren't responding to my contact us form.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any other pointers on:

- Where to go to for the avalanche training?
- Any recommendation of guides/instructors that may have availability on such short notice
- How to contact Evo2 if they're ignoring my emails!

Thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Contacting Evo 2 - call them! Numbers on the bottom of the page.
http://www.evolution2-chamonix.com/contact.htm

Avalanche Acadmey also have another course on the 20th, though that looks too early for you worth getting in touch with them anyway to see what they can do. Great guys, and courses.
http://www.avalancheacademy.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=4&P_ID=6

BASS Chamonix also do 1 and 3 day offpiste courses. I can't see any currently scheduled that would fit your dates, but worth getting in touch with them too. http://basschamonix.com/3-day-off-piste
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For a guide try Johnny Baird in Passy.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2718945
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We're in UCPA same time - I'm skiing and my mate is on a board - we similarly ended up on no-guiding course. What sort of standard are you guys and what are you looking for from a day's guiding (other than the obvious avalanche awareness training)? Might be interested in splitting cost of a day with a guide. Feel free to PM me

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 12-03-18 16:48; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
+1 for Avalanche Academy.
If there’s a few of you speak to the hostel they will have good contacts for arranging someone.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy