Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers to Meribel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning all, just wonder if anyone had an recommendations for transfers to Meribel. First time to 3V, travelling Sun 8th- Friday 13th April - done some digging on line and got quotes for private transfer from 510 euros up to 650 ish for 5 of us with 2 pairs of skis in tow (in one bag) - trying to balance vs renting a car from GVA that's big enough with all the hassle of waiting and huge excess deposits etc
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can buy collision damage waiver insurance online, which avoids being stitched up by the car hire people.

One question you might ask yourself is whether a car would be useful in the resort ... are you in Meribel or one of the villages down the hill, although the bus service is excellent.

For me, the private transfer would be worth at least Euro 25/head, just for the ease of the process, after all it is about the same as a coffee and a beer in 1850!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks David, yes I know but last time I got stitched by them wanting to block 2000 CHF on my card even though I had the waiver from the UK, I ended up paying thier insurance because I'd only travlled with my £3k limit "free abroad" CC! I agree on the value of the transfer and am probably leaning that way, and we are right in the middle of Meribel so should be OK when there, but its always nice to have the car, esp if we want to do a supermarket stop en route!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ldunc999,

That's the way it works. The car hire company charge you for any damage then you claim reimbursement from your UK insurer.

A pity you had a low credit limit though, & were diddled into buying the hire car insurance.

I don't think I'd value a private transfer as worth an extra €125 for the group - not with free buses in Meribel. Even there, that's more or less the price of a main course for the group on a night out. Each to their own however.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 12-03-18 12:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We used Snowbound Transfers over hald term. they were great - €560 from Geneva to Meribel return
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah I know (now) but last time was the first time they had ever tried to put a block on the card which I wasn't expecting, hence having no choice other than to pay their insurance.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@FrediKanoute, Thanks, had them on my list!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy