Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ridiculous warnings...

Poster: A snowHead
Bought a pair of Recco reflectors for my boots last year - and would you believe it, in the instructions it clearly states "Warning: this product will not prevent avalanches"

I was so disappointed rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How about on a child's superman costume -

WEARING OF THIS GARMENT DOES NOT ENABLE YOU TO FLY.

Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I saw a warning in Sainsbury's "May contain nuts" on a packet of Peanuts rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have a scalpel that says "warning - sharp!" on it!! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski Pixie. You mean it might prevent one avalanche, but not more than one? Well, at least that's something.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah, but how do you know that it has prevented an avalanche and that the next one is going to get you? Neutral
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How about these Guys that NEEDED those warnings... rolling eyes

Mr. Merv Grazinski of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, purchased a brand new 32-foot Winnebago motor home.
On his first trip home, (from an OU football game), having driven onto the freeway, he set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the drivers seat to go into the back and make himself a cup of coffee. Not surprisingly, the R.V. left the freeway, crashed and overturned.. Mr. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not advising him in the owner's manual that he couldn't actually do this. The jury awarded him $1,750,000 plus a new motor home.
The company actually changed their manuals on the basis of this suit, just in case there were any other complete morons buying their recreation vehicles.

Kathleen Robertson of Austin, Texas, was awarded $780,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was running inside a furniture store. The owners of the store were understandably surprised at the verdict, considering the misbehaving little toddler was Ms.Robertson's son.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It always amazes me when you buy a coffee in fast food restaurants like McDonalds, and they warn you on the cup that the contents are hot.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thats because McDonalds were sued when a woman put a cup of coffee between her legs after buying "a meal?" in the drive-thru and then whilst on the freeway spilt the coffee and scaulded herself nether-regions then sued Mcdonalds and won Gazillions!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The legal system, particularly in the States, should carry a ridiculous warning - don't expect common sense to apply here. Confused
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

sued Mcdonalds and won Gazillions!

There is a web site that debunks many of theses stories. (Can anyone find it?)

The court (maybe on appeal) decided that the woman contributed greatly to her injuries by her own stupidity and the eventual damages were quite modest.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So only the lawyers won in the end! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I should be in favour of that, I suppose Question Embarassed
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://snopes.com is the site you are looking for. The McDonalds story is tru but the others aren;t
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Laugh at the Americans while you can, through media pressure we're going the same way.

Hi there nbtypist, so you were the J W who accosted me on the SCGB board. Mmmm, small cyber world. Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks nbt.
ski holidays
Tis me indeed Smile

By the way, for those who aren;t regulars on bikemagic.com or singletrackworld.com, nbt stanmds for Notoriously Bad Typist.

'cos I am Very Happy
latest report
Going back to the MacDonalds coffee, the eventual damages were high - $480,000. Have a look at this

I take back what I said about the woman above, she wasn't driving, the car wasn't moving, she was trying to get the lid off. She had to spend 8 days in hospital. MacDonalds knew of 700 prior cases of coffee burns but had decided to do nothing.
ski holidays
I read in a book (PJ O'Rourke I think) about a hotel in the Rockies which carried the following notice on the way out (quoting from memory here but essential tone preserved): 'You are now entering the outdoors. The outdoors is a potentially dangerous place where various hazards may exist. Please be aware that our hotel takes no responsibility for guests going outdoors'.

Rather reminded me of the chap in 'So long, and thanks for all the fish' who had built a house with the outside wall decoration inside and viceversa, so he could have his own place outside the mad world.
snow report
At the Cliffs of Moher in CO Galway (I think), about 5 feet from the edge of the cliff, there is a sign 1 foot x 2 feet, "Beware - steep drop ahead". It is one of the most under stated signs I have ever seen. Some of you may reconise them as the Cliffs of Insanity from the film the Princess Bride.
Like I say 5 feet from the end and a vertical 200m drop. Every few months a German or American tourist falls from the top - may need to be multi lingual in future. rolling eyes
snow report
At least they won't survive the drop to sue, so I guess it's darwinism working again.
latest report
please note. was there a disclaimer at the begining of this thread...ski pixie could well owe gazilloins already if not more.
snow report
How about disclaimers on e-mails?
Received this one recently

Disclaimer:
By sending an email to ANY of my addresses you are agreeing that:
I am by definition, "the intended recipient"
All information in the email is mine to do with as I see fit and make such financial profit, political mileage, or good joke as it lends itself to. In particular, I may quote it on usenet.
I may take the contents as representing the views of your company.
This overrides any disclaimer or statement of confidentiality that may be included on your message.
snow conditions
This is mine from home Very Happy

IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this email, although the Collie next door is living on borrowed time, let me tell you. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards, so just ignore that Alert. Notice from Microsoft: However, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and your computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets. If you have received this email in error, please add some nutmeg and egg whites, whisk and place in a warm oven for 40 minutes.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy